Alternate Battery System for JVC-111E - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 24th, 2008, 04:37 AM   #16
Trustee

Hi Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Marr View Post
Hello Sareesh and other dvinfo members,

I was wondering if you could confirm whether the standard JVC 2-Channel charger works with the Globalmediapro DC488 batteries? And is it necessary to buy the Globalmediapro SCQ2-DC-J 2-channel Quick Charger for the DC488?

Thanks!
It's supposed to work buy I've never tried it. The problem is that it's too slow in any case. the GMP charger charges two batteries in 4 hours. Each battery gives about 4-5 hours of camera (recording continuously in stops/starts) life. I bought 3 batteries and one charger.

I recommend the GMP charger. I've finished shooting my movie, under rough conditions. Both batteries and charger performed admirably. i just hope the company gives good customer support in the future, cause that's the only thing lacking from GMP.
All the best!
Old July 8th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: Alternate Battery System for JVC-111E

The standard battery is the only thing that lets down this camera!! I'm struggling to find a reasonable priced plate.
Hawk woods dont sell them anymore.
Andrew Carter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems