HD-SDI output of 1080i from built-in cross converter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 18th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HD-SDI output of 1080i from built-in cross converter

Is it possible to take 1080i out from SDI output and input it to the DR-HD100 with some type of modification? The reason I ask is the 200ub can now do this although from FW to the DR-HD100.

Thanks.
Carl Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:39 AM   #2
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Martin View Post
Is it possible to take 1080i out from SDI output and input it to the DR-HD100 with some type of modification? The reason I ask is the 200ub can now do this although from FW to the DR-HD100.

Thanks.
No... because the signal needs to be encoded into HDV2 (mpeg2) on firewire for the DR-HD100 or FS-4, FS-5 etc to input it. However, I can tell you about a new product that can do this.
Convergent-Design's new Flash XDR can accept a HD-SDI signal in any HD format and encode it to mpeg2 in HDV1 or HDV2, as well as the higher bit-rate formats for XDCAM and even Mpeg 422 at 100Mbps with all I frames - NO GOP! The Flash XDR can record sequentially to 4 CF cards (CF cards are cheap) but they showed me a brochure for the next model (nano XDR I think) that will be a mini version with a single CF card slot. It's an awesome product and it should be launching soon.
Old April 19th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
No... because the signal needs to be encoded into HDV2 (mpeg2) on firewire for the DR-HD100 or FS-4, FS-5 etc to input it. However, I can tell you about a new product that can do this.
Convergent-Design's new Flash XDR can accept a HD-SDI signal in any HD format and encode it to mpeg2 in HDV1 or HDV2, as well as the higher bit-rate formats for XDCAM and even Mpeg 422 at 100Mbps with all I frames - NO GOP! The Flash XDR can record sequentially to 4 CF cards (CF cards are cheap) but they showed me a brochure for the next model (nano XDR I think) that will be a mini version with a single CF card slot. It's an awesome product and it should be launching soon.

Thanks Tim.
Carl Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems