How would you rate the JVC ProHD 63min Tapes - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 18th, 2008, 09:29 AM   #16
Major Player

After using hundreds of different tapes from all the manufacturers, I have noticed no difference in the quality. I have had about the same amount of dropouts on £20 DVCAM tape as on £1 cheapos tapes. I use head cleaners when required and try to stick with one brand at a time until I use up my stock.

I use the large Sony 3hr tapes when I need them and £1 miniDV tapes (Fujis are the moment) when 1hr (or 45min in DVCAM) is long enough. It has never caused me a problem and has saved me thousands of pounds. If something is very critical, I tend to use the DVCAM tapestock. Not so much because of the evidence, it's more that I can't get the blame for using cheap stock.

I have found it is more the recorder that causes the dropouts - some are worse than others irrelevant of the tape brand in them.

I have also heard that there are only two or three production lines for DV tapestock in the world. All brands are made on them and just differently packaged. That was from my tape supplier.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems