720/24p Capture on the Go? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

720/24p Capture on the Go?

How can I capture ProHD 720/24p on my MacBook Pro while I am on travel? I am looking for el cheapo solution to capture & inspect footage and don't feel like shelling out lots of $$ (e.g., for FinalCut Pro).

Thanks!
Stefan Immler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:12 PM   #2
Wrangler

I "think" the latest version of iMovie 08 is capable of capturing 720p24 properly but I've never tested it personally.

You could however download the HDVxDV demo and capture m2t clips directly to your Macbook. You could then view those m2t files with VLC or Mpegstreamclip and wrap them in quicktime with Clipwrap.
Note: Clipwrap requires that the HDV quicktime component be installed in the quicktime library. The FCS installer does this automatically and iLife "might" as well (unconfirmed) but fresh OS installs won't have it.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:17 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the leads, Tim! I'll try each of these options.
Stefan Immler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems