Replacement XLR socket on the HD110 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 16th, 2008, 05:22 AM   #1
Trustee

Replacement XLR socket on the HD110

Hi guys

Does anyone know where you can buy a replacement XLR socket on the HD110? Looking at the construction they are designed to be changed out with the two fixing screws either side!?

Cheers
Mat
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 08:27 AM   #2
Major Player

I would imagine its the same XLR socket from any higher end JVC camera. so maybe look at BH?
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #3
Trustee

Yeah I've checked that out and they might well be the right part. On closer inspection it does look like the body would need to be opened up to replace the part.....bugger! Anyone replaced one before on this cam?

Last edited by Mat Thompson; November 16th, 2008 at 02:25 PM.
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 02:54 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I've just looked at my 201E XLR inputs and fear you're right Mat. They've been mounted inside the chassis. What happened to your XLR socket? I've never known a chassis mounted one to fail, the camera might be damaged by it but the XLR socket is very tough.

I've changed my camera mic and fitted it and a radio mic cable with the new slim right angled XLR plugs, I felt that the original mic's straight XLR plug protruded too much and was a possible danger to the camera, a cable could be snagged on, say, a door handle, Or if knocked hard enough, it could damage the camera chassis. The Sony DSR 500 had a fragile twin XLR "box" on the back of the camera, in fact it wasn't a separate box at all, just a moulded part of the camera chassis, once broken (if you were moving a cabled camera forward and some clot stood on an audio cable it ripped the back off and the camera was basically for the bin.
Stuart Nimmo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems