Premiere Input Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 8th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #1
New Boot

Premiere Input Problem

Hey me and my friend shot some footage the other day in 720p and when we import it into adobe premiere pro cs3 the audio is off sync can anybody help me with this? Because i know with my canon i had to download settings for it to work right i wonder if its the same problem. Any pointers?
Thato Dadson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I film exclusively using the JVC ProHD cameras and edit only using Adobe software. My pointer would be to try using Cineform as an intermediate codec. I'd recommend Cineform ProspectHD. You can download a trial version of it at http://www.cineform.com/prospecthd/

Once you have downloaded the trial then open a new Premiere project using the Cineform settings that correspond to your camera.

I have just finished a 110 minute feature film using this workflow and had no audio synch issues.

Hope that helps!

Dan
Old June 10th, 2009, 04:02 AM   #3
Major Player

Indeed with Premiere Pro, Cineform is the way to go.
Using the original m2t format to edit it slow and you loose a lot of detail.
The Cineform converts the files into a format very easily usable in Premiere, and you have 10-bit colorspace to adjust in post with ProspectHD.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems