CU-VH1 deck help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 10th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #1
Trustee

CU-VH1 deck help

I just got a used JVC CU-VH1 deck. It works as expected when capturing HDV tapes recorded on my HD100U, but when I try to capture standard DV it plays on the unit's screen, but no video is transferred through the firewire. In fact, if I try to capture using Vegas 8.0's SD capture utility, it tells me "The device 'Microsoft AV/C Tape Subunit Device' could not be opened."

Is it possible that this unit is not capable of spooling standard SD DV video? Tomorrow I will try to shoot some SD with my HD100 and see what happens.

BTW, if I try to capture using the built-in HD/SD capture utility in Vegas 8.0, it controls the deck (play, rewind, ff) but no video is transferred.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #2
Major Player

The specs for the CU-VH1 cite multi-format recording of both HDV and DV footage.
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #3
Trustee

I figured it out - there is a hidden DV/HDV switch, like the switch on the HD100. Unfortunately, unlike the HD100 there's not a big flashing "change the switch" reminder when it's in the wrong position.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I have this deck and one tip/instruction the manual says is to power down the deck before you switch between HD and SD (or Mpeg and DV).
Tup Wright is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems