Release date on th JVC? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 10th, 2005, 02:01 PM   #1
Major Player

Release date on th JVC?

Hi everyone.
Iīm new to this forum, I have looked aroud, but I havenīt been able to see a estimated relase date for the new HD100 camera.
Does anyone know, or is it being kept secret until NAB?

PS Reason Iīm asking is that Iīm starting to shoot a documentary in May and we havenīt decided what camera to go with. (guess it wonīt be out by then)

I need a small camera due to the nature of the shoot, and I donīt like the ergonomics of the small prosumer cameras.
The layout of the JVC seems far superior to (for me and my style of working) than Sony and Panasonics offerings.
Joachim Hoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 02:45 PM   #2
MPS Digital Studios

I've heard, unconfirmed, late June or July. I would say mid-July to August, but that's my best guess. Remember, in 2003 at NAB, they said early May for the HD10, but it didn't ship until around mid-June.

heath
Old April 10th, 2005, 03:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Joachim---do you need HD on your documentary?
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 03:47 PM   #4
Major Player

I donīt need HD as such, but itīs here and I would like to future proof my footage as much as possible.

The director has suggested that we use the Sony HDV. We have decided to go for a small camera due to the nature of the shoot, and that camera seem to be offering the best image quality at the moment (altough very few will actually benefit from it when watching it on their SD TVīs I suppose)

I have used the DVX 100 for documentary work before.
I used the Panasonic because it was the only camera in the price range that was offering 25p at the time and we were going to a 35mm print for theatrical release. (looked pretty good by the way, even projected at the biggest cinema in oslo (1000 seats)).

I am not a big fan of doing handheld work with these small prosumer cameras, I prefer to have a camera that rest on my shoulder
The JVC seems to fit my needs perfectly. Guess it have to wait for the next project
Joachim Hoge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems