FS-5 vs. JVC HD100 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 16th, 2009, 02:59 PM   #16
Regular Crew

What do you have the FS-H200 TC set to? Operation/Timecode/EXT TC is the menu choice I'm using.
Ed
Ed Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:41 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Hi Ed,

Here are the settings that I'm at:
Mode - Rec/Play
Control - Synchro
Rec Mode - Normal
Rec Format - HDV
DTE Format - Quicktime
Timecode - EXT TC

I'm using a JVC HD200 camera

At the Home screen my F2 button is set to DISP. If I cycle through the F2 button I get the following:
Absolute, Counter, Remaining, 1080/60i TC, 1080/60i UB

In the upper left I have a (red) record symbol, pause symbol, and REC

This shows up as well as the 1080/60i every time I set the control to Synchro. If the Control is set to Normal or External the (red) record is replaced with the white Stop and the TC goes back to 720/30p.

Very strange, any suggestions???

Did you have to update any firmware? I went on the website but I didn't see any updates available.

Carlos
Carlos San Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:42 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I don't know why you're getting that. When I use either Normal or Synchro, the display options (F2) show Absolute, Counter, Remaining, 720/30P TC, and 720/30P UB.

Maybe post in the Focus Enhancements Forum, there's a lot more activity specific to these units over there.
Ed
Ed Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:11 AM   #19
Regular Crew

HI Ed,

I think it's a bad firewire plug on the unit. I pulled out my second FSH 200 out of the box set it up and it seems to be working. If the unit is not connected to the camera and is in Synchro the TC reads 1080/60i. But if I connect it to the camera and reboot the unit it boots up in Synchro with the TC in 720/30p. But I can never get the first unit to do this. I've tried reformatting, system reset, and pulling the battery. Nothing seems to work. I'll send it back for an exchange.

One last question then I'll redirect to the FS forum. The unit that seems to be working... Only in the TC do I see the counter moving. Zero's in the Absolute, Counter, Remaining, and UB. Is that what you get? Also the TC counter seems a few frames off from what the camera TC reads. Do you get that as well?

Thanks,

Carlos
Carlos San Roman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems