No sounds from earphone jack, but picking up levels, HELP!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 30th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #1
New Boot

No sounds from earphone jack, but picking up levels, HELP!!

So weird, I am completely confused, just booted up my camera today after Vacation and I can't get any sound from the earphone jack, but am picking up levels just fine. I am set on mic+48 volts, and monitor select is on both, with audio set to mix, so everything should be working fine. Weird, any help would be soooooo appreciated, thanks everyone
Jon Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Let be be the 1st to ask the silly question but is the monitor (headphone) level set all the way down? (I'm ducking under the chair & protecting myself as I ask) ;-)
I have done this more than once in my lifetime (among many other silly things).
Also is the headphone jack plugged all the way in (another one of my favorites, sigh) or do the phones perhaps have a break in the wire?

All goofy things to ask I know but I try to respond to the obvious first.
Old January 31st, 2010, 10:11 AM   #3
New Boot

lol, no problem, no my monitor headphone is half way up, and I have tried plugging the earphone jack all the way in and even slightly out, etc, I also tried 3 different sets of earphones that all worked on my Ipod, I just took off the plastic piece to see if the internal wires are off or snapped but they look fine as well. So lost, help!
Old January 31st, 2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I can't remember but is thee a setting for audio monitoring in one of the menus? If there is perhaps some way it got changed?
I hate it when things like this happen.
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:47 PM   #5
Major Player

two things to check

on the right side of your camera you'll have a toggle switch, I haven't got my camera in front of me so i'm a bit vague, but basically it's input 1 and input 2, and there's a option that bridges both of them into one channel and another which makes them stereo, so if your using the wrong input to whats selected you'll hear nothing, the other is on the top rear lefthand side theres a sliding switch for monitoring, you need to move it to 'both', likewise only one channel if not being used will come through and you'll hear nothing

good luck
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 03:54 PM   #6
New Boot

still no sound

Thanks Don and Adam for trying to help, but still no luck, I have the camera set to both on monitor selesct, audio mix inside the camera, so these are in the right position for getting sound. So confused, I will be really glad when this is figured out, any other ideas?
Old February 1st, 2010, 04:14 PM   #7
New Boot

New idea

Im gonna take it apart and look inside....veryyyy carefully LOL
Old February 1st, 2010, 04:23 PM   #8
Inner Circle

I'm stumped, be careful diving inside.
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:05 PM   #9
New Boot

wow

Go figure i peeked inside, plled some stuff, and now im getting audio, i guess the old addage still works, hit it once or twice HA, go figure, somthin must have been loose
Jon Plante is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems