720 50/60p analogue out to disc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 8th, 2005, 08:03 PM   #1
New Boot

720 50/60p analogue out to disc

Obviously using one of the convertor options - analogue component out to HD SDI will deliver a signal that can be captured and edited on a NLE.

The questions I have are:

What are the costs and benefits over using the standard 720 24/25/30p to miniDV or hard drive?

What does one lose coming out analogue and converting via one of the third-party products?

I have one last question - how will the JVC 1080i output (either from the camera or HD50 deck) compare to the Z1 1080i output? (I know this may be a theoretical only at this time).

Cheers,

Nigel
Nigel Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2005, 11:54 PM   #2
Trustee

"What are the costs and benefits over using the standard 720 24/25/30p to miniDV or hard drive?"

Not compressing to HDV. Cost is a very expensive RAID setup and a analog to digital converter.

"What does one lose coming out analogue and converting via one of the third-party products?"

You loose the massive compression of HDV.
Old July 9th, 2005, 11:36 AM   #3
Major Player

Regardless of the very minor loss you might get going from analog to whatever third party converter, or directly to your HD component-in NLE. You will definitely get a much better picture compared to using the HDV codec.

Of course, carrying around your NLE or non-HDV HD deck around in the field might not be practical. But in a studio environment, this might be the best setup... capture directly on your NLE! I'd imagine you'd get killer keys with such a setup.
Frederic Segard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems