GY-HD100U not recognized in Adobe CS5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 21st, 2011, 10:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

GY-HD100U not recognized in Adobe CS5

I can't seem to get my GY-HD100U properly recognized as "online" within Adobe CS5.

With the camera off I plug in the IEEE1394 6-pin cable. When I turn on the power, I hear two sets of trumpets from Windows 7 Ultiamte, so the Firewire seems to be working. When I set the cam for VTR mode, I get more trumpets. However, it does not register as a device in the "Computer" window. What do I look for in the OS to tell me that the cam is properly recognized and online?

When I start Premiere Pro CS5 and select the option to capture, the capture window informs me that the device is offline, even though it is able to detect that the device is a JVC. I have gone through the various settings options for HDV, but nothing changes.

I use Cineform Neo4K, but HD Link is not detecting the camera either, so I'm not sure this is just an Adobe problem.

I seem to have forgotten how to get the JVC to be recognized by Premiere.

Anybody else run into this?

Stephen
Stephen Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 11:02 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: GY-HD100U not recognized in Adobe CS5

I've run into that same problem with both my HD100 and HD50 deck. It seems to be a firewire problem with Windows 7. My solution was to use a different PC with Windows XP for my capture, but I suppose that's the easy way out. :)

This post seems to have a solution though I haven't tried it.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-h...-7-64-bit.html

Best of luck to you.
Craig Roblewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 01:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the link, Craig. I had this problem about 6 months ago, but was able to figure it out then. Now I have put a note to myself in my system to remind me what to do.

The problem is that Windows identifies the cam as an imaging device because the JVC defaults to camera mode. Switiching to VTR once it has been recognized as a camera doesn't cut it. To get it recognized as a VTR, I have to start the camera and switch to VTR mode while the computer is off but the jvc is tethered by the firewire. When I boot the machine and windows starts it "sees" a playback device and recognizes it as such. Then Premiere will play ball too.

Thanks again.
Old February 21st, 2011, 02:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Unfortunately, this time it didn't fix it. The device shows up in Devices and printers as "AV/C Subunit, and disappears and reappears when I toggle the power switch or cam/VTR mode switch on the JVC, but it does not show up anywhere in Device Manager. It does not show up in premiere or anything else.

Arrrrgh.
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:28 PM   #5
New Boot

It seems like another solution I read was to set the firewire drivers to 'legacy'.

I'm not sure if that will help, but it's worth a shot.

Best of luck.
Craig Roblewsky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems