Nanoflash at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 15th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #1
Major Player

Nanoflash

Hi guys,

ok so heres the lowdown, I'm purchasing a nanoflash any day now, I have a HD251, and basically are hoping that the nanoflash will remedy a lot of the noise it produces, thus cleaning and sharpening up the image.

But I'm still haven't yet to date seen any footage from a JVC recorded in a nanoflash to see if its worth $3500 dollars. So can anyone send me a link of their footage shot as such, or fileshare some mxf files so I can see for myself?

I shoot a lot of high action stuff, thus my reluctance to go to CMOS, but after watching Phil Blooms stuff on the HPX370, I wondering whether to sell my camera and with the money that would have gone on the nanoflash buy a Panny.

Thoughts?
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Nanoflash

Adam, I do not know your camera but I use a Nanoflash with my V1 and I love it. If you can plug your camera directly to a monitor and like the picture then you will probably benefit from the Nanoflash.

I have shot video for Fox Soccer Chanel with my V1 Nanoflash combo and they loved the footage.
Ron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Nanoflash

Thanks Ron,

I'm taking the plunge, when I originally bought my 251 it was in the view of going HDSDI out, but back then the tech wasn't available in a form like the nano. When I get it, I'll shoot a comprehensive comparo between the internal 19.8mbps to tape and the HDSDI at the different bit rates and post it for others to see. This is what I've been after all along.

Kind Regards

Adam
Adam Letch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems