HD100 viewfinder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 2nd, 2005, 09:12 AM   #1
Major Player

HD100 viewfinder

Just a quick question: there have been some concerns and criticism in regards to the viewfinder of the HD100. I am curious how it would compare to the Z1U, as most people have seen that one.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 06:23 PM   #2
Hollywood Studio Rentals

Works well

It's made of plastic, though a good plastic I would figure. Feels fine and not unstable when placed against the eye. Eyecup is full-sized but ocular aperature is smaller. It's color. The Z1 is an "in-line" style and everyone who trys the HD100 system seems to prefer it.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 07:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Robert.

I realize the ergonomics but what I was actually inquiring about is the quality of the viewfinder itself. I couldn't find too much in terms of specs but the SONY Z1U VF has 252,000 pixels whereas the JVC 230,000. Relatively small difference but still...

The other, perhaps more important question is what are the sizes of the VF of the two cameras. I still remember the horror when I first picked up the HD10 (not sure about the model number - the first one chip JVC) and looked throughn the VF - small and just plain bad.

Thanks.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 08:18 PM   #4
Wrangler

Is the HD-100 VF 16:9 native? If it's 4:3 and letterboxes the 16:9 then that would reduce the effective number of pixels in the image area. The Z1 viewfinder is 16:9 native.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems