Why the IDX adaptor seems expensive - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 28th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #16
Contributor

Hey Guy - if you are in Sydney PM me if you want to have a play with the cam. I personally wouldn't bother with the small batteries, but it's up to you. I'm not quite sure what your proposing (ripping apart an old battery and installing new cells?); but 10 per battery sounds very ambitious unless you have bigger standard batts than I got with the camera.

So far I have barely seen any split screen except over plus 12 on scenes with blacks near the centreline of the image. I've spoken to JVC here in Sydney and they haven't written this problem off - they're trying to address it in firmware.

I did have a dead pixel, but JVC masked this for me. I've compared stills with the dead pixel to new ones and I can't pick the masking even magnified in Photoshop.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:13 PM   #17
Major Player

Sorry John, I'm down here is not so Sunny (today at least) Melbourne.

With the batteries, I am going to make a custom housing and only use the mounting plate front and internal electronics from the origonal battery. I guess it won't look that different from a VMount on the adaptor on the camera, but the whole thing will be a battery.
Guy Barwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #18

IDX Adapter List for $349

The IDX NVA-100KIT list for $349 in the USA.
JVC has stock.
email me if you want pictures that the rep forwarded to me.
Terry
terry@texasmediasystems.com
Terry Nixon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems