Low-light test shoot - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 13th, 2005, 08:35 AM   #31
Major Player

Great looking stuff. I'm really impressed with the low light performance for "film"-like work.

Is it just me, or does the noise look less like typical RGB video noise, and just a bit like film grain? Maybe I'm just kidding myself?
Joseph H. Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 09:45 AM   #32
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
For ƒ1.4, 1/48th shutter that would mean a sensitivity of 500 to 800ASA.
How does your 800 ASA square with the ASA 100 to 320 Berry found?

Looking at his results it's clear the lens T-stop does not match the F-stop markings as one goes below F4. Looks like by F2 the lens is really only passing a T-stop of about F2.8.
Old November 19th, 2005, 02:12 PM   #33
New Boot

Damn straight

Hey you all, and really cheers for this good forum. As a newbie in this stuff good to got info from more experienced ppl. And thanks Tim, for the settings, have been going circles with my new love (hd100) about the "grainy" quality in low light, and with settings u provided really starts exeeding the expectations.

Would be nice to get also more settigns in different environments. I know you pros have more better stuff to do, but when we newbies are going to take ower the world we are going to give a big cheers for you guys.. and all these things are something that u have no idea if u have no idea.

Thanks to u all
Juha Werkkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Low light test

Very impressive! Thanks for that Tim! Looks great! Can't wait to get my hands on this baby! (a few more days!)

==========

"If you can talk brilliantly about a problem, it can create the consoling illusion that it has been mastered."
- Stanley Kubrick
Miklos Philips is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems