JVC has launched a new ProHD website at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 9th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC has launched a new ProHD website

http://www.prohd.net
Robert Niemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 09:12 PM   #2
Wrangler

Wow. There are some really great articles on there. The lens combination article answers some questions - especially with regard to the ACM-17 2/3" bayonet adapter.

The accessories chart says that JVC will be bundling the 13x lens at some point with a price TBA. There is no specific date.

The JVC branded version of the Firestore FS-4 apparently won't be available until Jan 06. Same goes for ACM-17.

The chart also says that a V-wedge KA-V100U is available separate from the KA-551U Tripod Plate. This is good news for people with their own tripod plates.

The NLE compatibility chart also confirms that Apple's next maintenance release for FCP will have 720P24 and 720P25 support. They claim that LumiereHD 1.6b2 works in all modes, but there is no mention of HDVxDV.

Interestingly it says that Avid Xpress Pro HD won't support 720P24 or 720P25 until 2006. Does that mean NAB?

According to the chart, Cineform Aspect HD 3.1, Mainconcept MPEG Pro 1.06, Canopus Edius Pro v3.6 and U-Lead Media Studio Pro 8 support all modes.
Old December 9th, 2005, 11:07 PM   #3
Major Player

Apple support

Hey Tim I had a look at the site and I couldn't find the paragraph saying Apple will support ProDH24p, Just a question, Will they support it on FCP 5.0.4? or will they support this in FCP 6?

Cheers dude
Old December 10th, 2005, 12:42 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Interestingly it says that Avid Xpress Pro HD won't support 720P24 or 720P25 until 2006. Does that mean NAB?
Avid has said they will integrate Liquid's HDV timeline into the next release of XpressPro. That's probably what the '06 reference is.

There are very handy hyperlinks in the PDF articles. One links you to a pan speed chart. Very thoughful.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2005, 02:23 AM   #5
HDV Cinema

"Interestingly it says that Avid Xpress Pro HD won't support 720P24 or 720P25 until 2006. Does that mean NAB?"

Avid is holding all Xpro development until summer of 2006 in order to sync Mac and PC -- plus Mac on Intel.

Lumiere has friends at Apple so they support it even though it may not be the best solution.

Apple might wait until FCP 5.5 or 6 -- post NAB so all the HDV cameras have come to market.

This is a real chance for the HDVxDV guy to get a bunch of sales if he would create an Export to HDV function.

Or, I'll have to dig out my software which likely will work. It does writes 1080i50 and 1080i60 to D-VHS -- which some movie folks needed -- so I'll bet it does 720p60.
Old December 10th, 2005, 04:00 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
There are very handy hyperlinks in the PDF articles. One links you to a pan speed chart. Very thoughful.

I didn't find that one. Do you remember which of the pdf files it's on?

Very nice site by the way.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2005, 09:12 AM   #7
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemore Santos
Hey Tim I had a look at the site and I couldn't find the paragraph saying Apple will support ProDH24p, Just a question, Will they support it on FCP 5.0.4? or will they support this in FCP 6?
It says next maintenance release, so to me that means 5.0.4.
The chart is the pdf labelled "NLE compatibility chart"
Old December 10th, 2005, 10:51 AM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maier
I didn't find that one. Do you remember which of the pdf files it's on?

Very nice site by the way.
It's in the C1 "Judder" article at the bottom CLICK
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems