Price increase Feb 1st?? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 30th, 2006, 09:23 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Thanks for the Weclome, Tim

Tim,
I'm certainly glad to have someone of your calibre in the industry so close at hand! I truly appreciate the many informative postings and insights you have shared so that those newer to this format can draw upon your experience!

Thanks for the more precise info on the lens. I was quoting Peter at Hamilton Video.

Great web site and very impressive CV!!

Michael
Michael Lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:43 PM   #47
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Henson
Tim who is your dealer in Hamilton? I'm from the west coast...but I'm keen to see if prices are more competitive on the east?
Albert, I doubt the east in any more competitively priced than the west. I believe the Canadian pricing is set by JVC Canada, and there are so few dealers in each region that I doubt they compete with each other, especially when the HD100 flies off the shelves so fast.
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #48
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lafleur
I was quoting Peter at Hamilton Video.
Peter's my dealer too. He's a real stand-up guy and very helpful. You know he actually "knows" all those model numbers he quotes all the time! He must have a photographic memory or something!
Anyway, I haven't heard anything about the rumoured price increase from him yet. If it is to happen in Canada, then it must be a sign that sales are going well.
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:59 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Actually, Tim, if you can believe it, I found out about the new package/new pricing before he did late last week... I think he was slightly ticked at JVC Canada that a prospective customer had one up on him. :-)

He seems like a good guy but I am looking a several other dealers in the area before I dive in.

Michael
Michael Lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 02:02 AM   #50
Regular Crew

We sure are in the IDX program, and I just received the coupons for the customers who bought them in January before the announcement. Nice to see my rep Marion took care of those good people. We sold 5 cameras the day before the price increase, and have been steadily taking orders since. The camera has redeemed itself, and is steadily garnering support from many communities.

24 hours of educational video on 16 DVDs, focused on filmmaking savvy, examples, demonstrations, and tips.
Learn Scriptwriting, Formatting, Editing, Camera Operation, Lighting, Exposure, Audio, and Directing.
Rush Hamden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 02:35 AM   #51
Trustee

Hi Rush

I was one of those 5 buyers - just want you to know, so far so good! No split screen, lens actually seems pretty rightous if you ask me (far better the the lens on the cannon xl1 IMO), and everything else is a go!

Pretty pretty camera.

I do have a dead pixel, but I'm hoping Stephen or Nate will email me the secret menu fix (which I promise not to use often as it can wreck the camera...)

Thanks 4 the great service so far -

John
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #52
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Hamden
We sure are in the IDX program, and I just received the coupons for the customers who bought them in January before the announcement. Nice to see my rep Marion took care of those good people. We sold 5 cameras the day before the price increase, and have been steadily taking orders since. The camera has redeemed itself, and is steadily garnering support from many communities.
Rush,

I just picked up my HD100 from EVS (through Randy) last week and he didn't have any coupons for the IDX. When should we expect them? I need to go by your place later this week.
Tim Holtermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #53
Regular Crew

Hi Tim, I looked on Randy's desk and didn't see one with your name on it yet. There were 5 for other people who bought it 3 weeks ago. I will have him call you when it gets in, or you can call us Friday if you like.

24 hours of educational video on 16 DVDs, focused on filmmaking savvy, examples, demonstrations, and tips.
Learn Scriptwriting, Formatting, Editing, Camera Operation, Lighting, Exposure, Audio, and Directing.
Rush Hamden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 05:25 PM   #54
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Henson
Tim who is your dealer in Hamilton? I'm from the west coast...but I'm keen to see if prices are more competitive on the east?
Albert, have you tried CineQuip White here in Burnaby, BC? I managed to get my HD100 for $5,700 CDN. Tim mentioned in another topic that price sounded way too low--too close to dealer pricing--but that's what I paid. Perhaps they made a mistake. I'm not sure. But you may want to check them out.

(Would be interested to hear what you find out, too.)
Earl Thurston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems