Shot in wrong format - fixable? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 31st, 2006, 01:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Shot in wrong format - fixable?

I just shot some green screen footage and now realize my HD100 was set to HDV-SD60P rather than HDV-HD30P. I have not had any luck creating a setting that will allow me to capture this footage into FCP 5.0.4.

Since I do have a Blackmagic Card, I was able to pull it in via component, which might be the best way for green screen anyway? Is there a setting that could bring this in native? I'm not sure why they even have the SD60P. What is it anyway? It appears from the manual that it is HDV but 480 pixels. Does that make sense?

Burt Holland
www.encyclomedia.net
G5 Dual 2.5
OS 10.4
FCP 5.0.4
Decklink Extreme
ProMax SATA Raid
Burt Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 04:36 PM   #2
Wrangler

Burt,

Component via decklink was probably the best way to bring it in, but there is a native m2t solution.
You are not the first person to accidentally shoot in SD mode using the HDV codec. The good news is that your 480P60 footage will still be in mpeg2 transport stream, so you can use DVHSCap or HDVxDV to capture it and then convert it to a usable quicktime format.
The bad news is that you didn't shoot HD.

Check out this thread for more details on someone else who did exactly the same thing.
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=58466

We figured out what was wrong around post #15 in that thread, and then I suggested a workflow.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems