A good case/bag under $500? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 4th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #31
Regular Crew

just bought this bag yesterday for my jvc from evs. http://www.petrolbags.com/new_petrol_site/ i absolutely love this bag. plenty of room and protection for the viewfinder and mic. fits very nicely with every thing attached including a big battery. can also put battery charger and accessories inside. i picked it up at evs for 265.00 befor tax. imo a very good choice. ooops, that link takes you to the home page. the model # is PCUB-2.
Maurice Jolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 09:43 PM   #32
Major Player

I'm a Portabrace fan, in my opinion there is no other bag with the same durability and resistence. However, this CTC-3 I have has not many divisions. I have to put the charger together with the camera and no way to store with the battery mounted. The camera light has it's own case and I also have to put it toghether with the camera, If I had a Matte Box I think it would be a problem.
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 09:49 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo Athouguia
I'm a Portabrace fan, in my opinion there is no other bag with the same durability and resistence. However, this CTC-3 I have has not many divisions. I have to put the charger together with the camera and no way to store with the battery mounted. The camera light has it's own case and I also have to put it toghether with the camera, If I had a Matte Box I think it would be a problem.
I love Portabrace products, too, but the CTC-3 wasn't designed specifically for the HD-100, so it's not like they really dropped the ball. They just don't make a case that was designed for HD100 owners. Now, that Petrol case that apparently was designed for the HD100 looks like it might be a great option. If they're out yet. And if I can find one. Heh...
Robert Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2006, 12:12 PM   #34
Regular Crew

This one should work perfectly:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

We have had great luck with Pelican cases. Not the lightest thing in the world though. This one comes with a dolly which is nice.

Ben
Ben Buie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2006, 10:33 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Go to a large hunting store

You should go to a large hunting/sporting goods store
and look at the many gun cases with designable foam.

Lower prices than AV companies selling the same cases.
Rob Stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #36
Major Player

Has anyone been able to pick up one of the Petrol bags yet?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

How is it compared to the PB? I hear mixed feelings on the PB CTC3. One person says you can't store it with the battery attached, another says you can. I also heard somewhere that you have to take the viewfinder off. Certainly that's not true I hope.
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #37
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Terpstra
How is it compared to the PB? I hear mixed feelings on the PB CTC3. One person says you can't store it with the battery attached, another says you can. I also heard somewhere that you have to take the viewfinder off. Certainly that's not true I hope.
Nonsense; it fits in the CTC3 no problem with room to spare. You can keep the battery on and very likely also a wireless (depending on how it's mounted). VF stays as well. PB cases are designed for full size cameras.

One thing that is good to do is to change the straight XLR microphone connector to a right angle - makes it easier to move the camera in and out of the case.
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:43 PM   #38
Major Player

ctc-3 bag is great except where the mic input is, kinda tight. Jiri where do I purchase a right angle xlr connector you mentioned?
Joe Bowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:50 PM   #39
Major Player

I got mine from a commercial electronics shop. They might have them at Radio Shack too. Approx. $6.
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:24 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Pelican Case

What size Pelican case are people using? Perhaps you could attach a photo of it loaded up with the camera.
Andrew Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:53 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Vanguard

I don't know about anyone else but I've always used Vanguard cases. They aren't the most high quality but they look great and provide good protection. They average about $90 online for the biggest one they sell. I use Vanguard for both my JVC's
Alan Larsen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems