JVC to HDCAM - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 5th, 2006, 08:43 PM   #16
New Boot

Results?

Hi Gary,

I was just curious about your final results. Also, did you end up uprezzing the DVX footage as well? How were the results of that? I am looking at possibly needing to uprez some of my old SD footage to mix into an HD or HDV project so am interested in talking with anyone who has done this.

Thanks,
Chris Pyle
Wildland Films
Chris Pyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #17
Major Player

The DVX footage that I saw held up real well... it was stretched but its suppose to look like it was shot with a camcorder anyway so it'll work out really nice... not sure how you'd over come that...

Someone shot some behind the scenes footage with the DVX in a club scene on the tape that was meant for the film... and wow with pro lighting the footage looked really great...

The digibeta footage... the best way to describe it was it looked like how when you see a movie and you see part of the bottom of one frame at the top of the other... but it can be lettered boxed out... but its suppose to look like camcorder footage also...

The JVC footage looked really good being uprezzed... the colors looked great... we shot footage in a jet fighter plane... and went to Cancun... the Cancun colors really looked nice... blue sky... clear water... nice skin tones on the actors...

On this project my job was only to get the picture into the can... not to carry it through post... only did this because it was sort of the idea of giving the post people the things they needed... so I only saw about an hour out of 14... but no complaints from the post people... trust me I would have heard them by now...

I should see a rough cut of the picture by Friday... we have to go back and re-shoot some scenes... reaction shots to cover a crazy actor... lets put it this way... he had a motorcycle wreck years ago... and his brain is not all there... but he still knows how to hog a scene... so that the editor needs to stay on him the whole time... so we have to match his craziness to make the scene work...

Get some more inserts... and even re-shoot the actors in the planes... we didn't get one of the actors up on that day of shooting... plus now we have to re-shoot the leading ladies jet stuff... someone adjusted the iris... so its dark... I have an idea what happen... but who knows someone might be roaming the net... so I can't say why... lol...
Gary McClurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 09:41 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Pyle
Hi Gary,

I was just curious about your final results. Also, did you end up uprezzing the DVX footage as well? How were the results of that? I am looking at possibly needing to uprez some of my old SD footage to mix into an HD or HDV project so am interested in talking with anyone who has done this.

Thanks,
Chris Pyle
Wildland Films
Check out Instant HD by Red Giant Software, we are using it to add/uprez SD footage in our PPro HD timeline. Very cool plugin, works just as they said it would!
http://redgiantsoftware.com/instanthd.html
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #19
New Boot

Thanks for the responses guys, I will look into the Red Giant software.

Chris Pyle
Chris Pyle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems