I-rings for HD100? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 27th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #1
Inner Circle

I-rings for HD100?

Has anyone tried netting the standard lens yet? I was wondering if it's possible. I've got an HD100 arriving Wednesday and I'm anxious to get started working on ways to get interesting looks happening.

-Rob
Robert Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #2
Wrangler

I haven't tried it, but it should work fine. The bayonet machanism is the same as 2/3". It would actually probably work better than 2/3" lenses. The effect should be more subtle.
Old February 27th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Whats an I-ring?
Ian E. Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian E. Pearson
Whats an I-ring?
http://lightbreak.com/iring_article.php
Robert Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 11:59 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Just a followup, for any of you who might have been curious. I emailed about the iRings and just got this back:

Hello Robert,

The i Ring works with all 2/3 inch chip cameras and lenses with B4 mounts. The JVC HD100 is has 1/3 inch chips. There just isn't enough room inside that mount for an i Ring. We suggest that you talk to your dealer or directly to the manufacturer about increasing the space within the mount so that you can add filtration. Small chips have a very large depth of field. It become almost impossible to add filtration to the front of the lens without seeing it at wide angles. Behind the lens filters are the best choice but there just isn't any room for them. We'd love to help but we don't have a lot of space with which to work.

However, we are working on a new filter that might help you achieve a different but pleasing look. Stay tuned.

Best regards,

JIM IACONA

i RING COMPANY
LIGHTBREAK, INC.
5214 - F DIAMOND HTS. BLVD. #234
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94131

415-647-4845

www.lightbreak.com
Robert Jackson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems