To HD100 owners at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 6th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

To HD100 owners

I got my new HD100 last friday and i believe its a refurbished or
display unit that was reset to 0000H so i have a few questions:
1. Did your body came with a protective film over the LCD display?
2. Does the tape door open with a loud slam? I'm afraid its gonna break opening with this much force.
3. Is the ND filter switch stiff and not easy to position?
4. Do you have plastic protectors behind the two speaker screws as to not scratch the body-handle?
My body also has a scratch on the bottom, a missing speaker screw and SSE that goes away after 8-10 minutes.
I had to wait 10 days after placing my order because my (local) dealer did'nt have it in stock.
Thanks in advance.
Chris Basmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 02:55 PM   #2
Major Player

Hey Chris,

1)no just over the window on the tape door
2)yes it does but it's not a problem
3)i wouldn't call it stiff...it clicks into each setting so you have to push it a little to get it to click into the next one, again not a problem.
4)no I moved them once to fit me then never touched them again .

The only realy odd thing is the missing speaker screw, all the rest sounds fine....the scrach could have happen anytime, how big is it?.And as for split screen mine also has it in certain conditions but not a big deal.

Andy.
Old March 7th, 2006, 06:45 AM   #3
Trustee

Brand new and scratched. Question, why do you still have it?
I would of called the day I received it and sent it back.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 09:27 AM   #4
Regular Crew

i second that, the only thing i can think of is a guy with JVC had to take it out of the box to update the firmware and test for the SSE and put it back....BUT as far as you are concerned you purchased a new item, like a new car, i just bought a new car a couple weeks ago if it had scratch on it i'd just take it back and ask for a new one, when i open the box to my brand new beautiful, yummy, perfect, fantastic....oh boy, i got excited ;) JVC HD100U camera and it's scratched up?! it's goign back for a new one.

take it back
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I would'nt hesitate to return it but my IDX promo coupon has the serial number printed on it, and i have to mail it before March 31st and the dealer has none in stock.
I just don't want to take any chances, and these returns can take weeks to complete. The cam is not by any means bad or defective. Its just not new. A very busy pro may not even noticed, but for me this is a major purchase. I change cams every 5-6 years and its always JVC. I understand they have to push returned units and i might have to bite this one.
Chris Basmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Refurbs have been an issue with JVC. I reveived one too. Return it immediately, and track the serial number. It burns me when we lay down substantial dollars to be treated like this. Refurbs should go on the demo or rental shelf at the dealership, not into the hands of consumers.

There are numerous returned hd100's in circulation. so it's not unlikely that you received one.

Sorry for your grief, but your not alone.

The units found with dirt in the lens were not from the factory-those were refurbs as well.
Albert Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #7
Major Player

Yes, a friend of mine got a refurb too, and she returned it right away. It had a bit of glue on the headphone, missing plastic cover of the terminals, serial number starting I believe with 12xxx and some 120 hrs on the drums. Our dealer is great though and so her new unit is on its way this week.
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:26 PM   #8
New Boot

WHere did you buy it?

Do you think B&H would send out refurbished?
Phil Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:28 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Just got ours from B&H and it was brand new.
DJ Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #10
Major Player

I second that, we just got another one from B&H this last week... even smelled new. Had a slightly different texture than the first, a little rougher feeling maybe. Other than that, perfect.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #11
Regular Crew

My dealer called me today to let me know that my new replacement is on its way. Good support can work wonders. Guess that's why we pay pro prices.
Chris Basmas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems