Artifacting normal on HD100 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 28th, 2006, 01:11 PM   #46
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Patton
"Barlow Elton... Do you watch your footage with your face next to the screen or with a magnifying glass"?

DOH! Guilty as charged. hehe... don't we all?
I'm just as guilty, and I have plently of face prints on my screen to prove it . I probably have more than you because my CRT computer monitor tends to make things look nicer than they are in reality, unlike an LCD, so I stared even closer to the screen and soaked up lots of lovely raditation! You still can't beat CRT's for the overall image.

There should be some SDI portable devices coming onto the market relatively soon. All you need is an AJA analog-->SDI converter and one of these firestore like devices and you could certainly avoid the blockies.
Barlow Elton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #47
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Aaron
On my screen it's not that noticeable, I really have to be digging to see this stuff. What was your detail setting? The other water shots with detail at MIN look good.

On the bright side, if you shot a scene like this with an HVX-200 you'd have a screen full of dancing colored noise that would be easy for everyone to see.
Well, its the left part of the sky that looks blocky to me, at least on my LCD-screen.
Detail settings where at normal.
Mikael Widerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #48
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Widerberg
Well, its the left part of the sky that looks blocky to me, at least on my LCD-screen.
Detail settings where at normal.
The water looks worse to me on my screen. Experiment with the detail setting and see what the max detail is that doesn't show artifacting in situations like this. You can always add sharpening in post.
Joel Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #49
Major Player

btw, Pappas has a lot of beach footage and I don't see a whole lot of artifacts from either the JVC or Canon.

http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/F...cty=US&lang=en
Barlow Elton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #50
Trustee

I'll have to take a closer look at some of my footage.

I did run a few tests with a water fountain spraying into my pool, but I did not see any artifacts. I 'll have to freeze some frames and blow it up 200% and look closer.

Last edited by Steven Thomas; March 28th, 2006 at 10:30 PM.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems