New Hangout & NAB Invitation - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 17th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #46
2nd Unit TV

Now that's a great welcome. Funky hats and Tootsie-pops for everyone at the NAB party. And we'll be playing Animal House on the salon's big screen.
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #47
Regular Crew

Why don't we just make it a Toga party Jonathan? ;)
Tim Holtermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #48
2nd Unit TV

Toga...toga...toga... OK, enough!!! Now, here's the dealio; Jared's party starts at 7 at the Mirage so I'm thinking we start our party at 5:30 and that way we can scoot down the street to the Mirage at 7. We'll have a couple of limos there at 7 so we'll only be about 5 min away. How does that sound to everyone?

Also, if anyone has footage, shorts, commercials, primes or other examples of their work, bring them along either in either VHS or DVD format and we'll play them in that salon so we can discuss them.

We're trying to get commerative "T" shirts printed up for everyone for the affair but I don't know if there's enought time. We'll try.

I've had a doen e-mails saying people are realy looking forward to the get together so it should be a good time at a great event. I'll post the space number and a recap of information on Friday late afternoon when I get into Las Vegas.
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:05 AM   #49
DSR450 Shooter

Well, I'm also a former/continuing DVXuser addict, and I'm now re-exploring Chris Hurd's excellent DVinfo site. Although I'm posting this in the JVC forum, this particular thread caught my attention because of the recent change in focus at DVXuser. And I think this re-focus on DVX/HVX products at DVXuser will make a great site even stronger. I still feel welcome at DVXuser, and will still visit and post (I still own and shoot with my trusty ole' DVX100), but I suppose, since I'm leaning toward a non-Panasonic camera purchase soon, I guess I needed to explore other sites anyway, and DVinfo is a darned good one.

PERSONAL FILMMAKING CAMERA: SONY DSR450 2/3" 16:9 24P DVCAM
WET CAMERA: SONY HC1000 16:9 w/IKELITE HOUSING
STUNT CAMERA: PANASONIC DVX100
CAMERA USED AT WORK: SONY BVW600

GET DIRT CHEAP TERANEX XANTUS SD-HDCAM UP-REZ SERVICE AT:REZFACTOR.COM

Last edited by Ralph Oshiro; April 18th, 2006 at 06:35 PM.
Ralph Oshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 02:33 PM   #50
Inner Circle

My new JVC HD-100 arrives tomorrow or the next day, so I'm officially an 'owner' now.
I also plan on attending Jonathans' get together. I'm flying in late Friday night.

I don't know if I should bring the jvc with me or not. I have a nice Pana MX500 (PAL) I want to use for taping the various booths I visit. Small enough to fit into a side bag and not upset security.

Glad I waited for the "A" version.
Old April 19th, 2006, 05:07 AM   #51
Trustee

Man, I get sick 4 a week and look what happens...

Man, am I late to hear all this news!

Both sites are great because both sites have great, generous people helping others.

I seriously wouldn't know what to do w/o this site.... Have a blast at NAB, and here's hoping I gget to meet you guys down to road.

Jarred, happy trails bro.

john
evilgeniusentertainment.com
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 06:56 AM   #52
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Carney
I don't know if I should bring the jvc with me or not. I have a nice Pana MX500 (PAL) I want to use for taping the various booths I visit. Small enough to fit into a side bag and not upset security.
You have to fill out some paperwork to be able to legitimately take your camera on the show floor. Well worth the effort in my view to avoid being kicked out onto the street. I had my Pana 953 with me last year and obtained the sticker with no hassles.

Congrats on your new HD100!

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #53
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston
You have to fill out some paperwork to be able to legitimately take your camera on the show floor. Well worth the effort in my view to avoid being kicked out onto the street. I had my Pana 953 with me last year and obtained the sticker with no hassles.

Congrats on your new HD100!

-gb-
Can I do this at check in on Saturday?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems