Anyone have a finished short project on HD100? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 30th, 2006, 08:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone have a finished short project on HD100?

The HVX users are so well organized. On the DVXuser.com board there's a section for footage/edited projects. Since there is none for the HD100 folks, why not make a thread for this purpose.

Long story short: Please post a something cool you've done on the HD100.
www.showiki.com - Entertainment Biz Wiki
www.filmexposure.org - My Media Company
Adam Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #2
Wrangler

What you're looking for is DV for the Masses. Our members post finished short films and trailers there. It is not specific to any one camera, but most people specify what they shot on.

BTW, I have a short film in the can (will post trailer when finished,) a feature now shooting, and another in pre-production. All shot with HD100 and 13x3.5 wide lens.
Old April 30th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Tim, I really can't wait to see more footage from these projects you've been working on. It's affirming to know larger-scale film production work is being done with the camera and from the snippets you've posted on these board, they look promising.

At the same time though, I have to second Adam's suggestion for a home for all HD100-related footage. I'm not sure how it would work, but it would be great if you could somehow do a search and find all the footage or stills that have been posted in a certain board. For instance, if (like me) you're out to find every last clip you can get from a certain camera -final product or just tests, you would do a search on the JVC GY-HD-100/200/250 board with a box "footage linked to" checked or something like that and you'd see only threads where footage is linked to. Have a separate checkbox for pictures perhaps. I'm sure it might be difficult or complicated to implement, but it would be helpful in my opinion.
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #4
Wrangler

OK. How about this? I'll create a locked sticky with links to threads of posted HD100 finished projects.

What comes to mind right away is Nate's website with music video and a trailer Dave Beaty posted recently.

What you won't see in the thread are links to various clips that may disappear.

UhOh. I just checked Nate's site and it looks like his transfer limit has been reached for this month.

I have a bit of data transfer still available on my server this month (another 30 minutes until midnight EST) if you want to see a teaser I shot in cooperation with a stunt team I work with.
The link has been closed.
Old April 30th, 2006, 09:44 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
OK. How about this? I'll create a locked sticky with links to threads of posted HD100 finished projects.

What comes to mind right away is Nate's website with music video and a trailer Dave Beaty posted recently.

What you won't see in the thread are links to various clips that may disappear.

UhOh. I just checked Nate's site and it looks like his transfer limit has been reached for this month.

I have a bit of data transfer still available on my server this month (another 30 minutes until midnight EST) if you want to see a teaser I did in cooperation with a stunt team I work with.
The link has been closed.
Holy god! Bout time i saw some kick a$$ video with the hd100. Did you guys do any slomo in that film?
Old April 30th, 2006, 09:47 PM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Craig
Holy god! Bout time i saw some kick a$$ video with the hd100. Did you guys do any slomo in that film?
I did do a top shot pointing down from 60' in 480P60 when she jumps the car. I didn't use it in the teaser because the zoom-boom wobbled from when they did the stunt.
Old April 30th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
I did do a top shot pointing down from 60' in 480P60 when she jumps the car. I didn't use it in the teaser because the zoom-boom wobbled from when they did the stunt.
Did it uprez nicely to 720p? This honestly is the only thing keeping me of thinking of the HVX200.
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #8
Wrangler

Quote:
Did it uprez nicely to 720p? This honestly is the only thing keeping me of thinking of the HVX200.
I uprezzed in Mpeg Streamclip during the conversion to AIC and it worked quite well.

Oh. It's midnight. Gotta shut it down.
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:02 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
What about the HD200?
Stephan Ahonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan Ahonen
What about the HD200?
When that comes out and tested, I'll probably trade up the HD-100 for it. Then I'll be able to sleep at night.

Alas, who else has great HD100 videos?
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #11
Major Player

Yes. Yes. Yes. This is what I'm talking about. Really amazing work, Tim. When do you suppose this will hit "a theater near me?" I'll keep an eye out for more Dashwood releases.

About the sticky with the links to projects & footage, I'd sure appreciate something like that. If it's not too much work for you (I've heard you have a full plate). On the plus side, it might even encourage other HD100 owners to share their projects when they might not have otherwise. Anyway, great stuff & if you ever get around to posting an HD version I would not mind at all.
Chad Terpstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #12
Wrangler

My .Mac quota rolls over tonight.

This is the very first time I've reached quota on my .Mac account. Hope it's a fluke.
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Weaver
My .Mac quota rolls over tonight.

This is the very first time I've reached quota on my .Mac account. Hope it's a fluke.
I got tons of bandwidth if you need a file served from time to time.

Tim, Two Qs:
Did you shoot 24p or 30? And did you edit in FCP?
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:25 PM   #14
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Terpstra
Yes. Yes. Yes. This is what I'm talking about. Really amazing work, Tim. When do you suppose this will hit "a theater near me?"
It is a project in development for television. I will be sure to let everyone know when this one gets the green light.

My current production will not be shown publicly until the first festival premiere. I'll let you know in August where the premiere will be.

The short film called I shot recently is in post now. The director is cutting now and I will put together a trailer for internet distribution when he is finished. This one is completely independent, so there won't be any limitiations on internet distribution.

I am also scheduled to start principal the second week on June on another independent feature film called "Bull."
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:27 PM   #15
Wrangler

Quote:
Tim, Two Qs:
Did you shoot 24p or 30? And did you edit in FCP?
Yes 720P24, Yes FCP.
There was no sync sound so we captured directly to AIC in realtime from within FCP5. The Nate Weaver method!

Nate: Your .mac must not roll over until midnight PST. Mine just rolled over now.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems