DR-HD100 at ZGC - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 17th, 2006, 02:25 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Martin
Well, I just took the plunge and purchased a JVC DR-HD100-80. Not only was Christine helpful, they have it in stock, and they are the least expensive around that I can find. $1499.00 for this thing is hundreds less then everyone I searched.

Keep them in mind.

They must have had a special that ended. I just checked their site, and the price is now up to 1699, which is about $50 above B&H for the 80 meg version. Or am I missing something?
Stephen Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2006, 04:00 PM   #17
Major Player

[QUOTE=Carl Hicks]Jaadgy,

I have imported from the DR-HD100 to Avid Xpress Pro HD before, and it worked. I used the Avid "help" in the program to guide me through it. Have you looked at the Avid help, or called Avid tech support?

Regards, Carl[/QUOTE

Thank you Carl for trying to help, but the fact is I've had success importing other types of DR-HD100 files like Quicktime avi and others. However, my problem is with .M2T files. I've followed instructions from "help" to no avail. If anyone has gone through this predicament please let me know how you solved it. Thank you.
Old June 18th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Knapp
They must have had a special that ended. I just checked their site, and the price is now up to 1699, which is about $50 above B&H for the 80 meg version. Or am I missing something?
Yes, I think is was a special when I purchased it from them, and B&H did not have it in stock at that time.
Carl Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 09:13 AM   #19
Regular Crew

I'm using the 40 gig version, and it is awesome.

It does not power from the on board battery, it is powered by it's own battery.

Does Avid Express Pro support 24P and does it run on the MACBOOK PRO?

Thanks,

Tom

UPDATE: Doesn't look like it supports 24p yet!

Last edited by Tom Chaney; June 18th, 2006 at 01:10 PM.
Tom Chaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 02:55 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
I'm using the 40 gig version, and it is awesome.

It does not power from the on board battery, it is powered by it's own battery.

Does Avid Express Pro support 24P and does it run on the MACBOOK PRO?

Thanks,

Tom

UPDATE: Doesn't look like it supports 24p yet!
The 5.5 Release WILL NOT support HDV 24P (That pisses me OFF!). I hear the Media Composer will, but cannot capture from it.

I think Steve Mullen is testing AVID Liquid on a Macbook Pro, but AVID has said that Intel Macs are not supported yet. On a Macbook running Windows it may.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Martin
Yes, I think is was a special when I purchased it from them, and B&H did not have it in stock at that time.
I just ordered one from ZGC too. I found out what the score was on their special price. It seems they had ordered a few too many units for comfort at first, JVC pushed them, so they decided to clear out inventory with various promotional specials, including a special deal for camera buyers, and what not. That ended about a week ago, and they hiked the price to the level presently on their web site. However, when I told them that B&H was lower, and then gave them the best price I had found online, which was not quite $150 below theirs, they offered to beat the lowest price I had found. They beat it by more than the cost of shipping. Since they are authorized JVC retailers on top of that, they got my order.
Stephen Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2006, 04:59 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Knapp
I just ordered one from ZGC too. I found out what the score was on their special price. It seems they had ordered a few too many units for comfort at first, JVC pushed them, so they decided to clear out inventory with various promotional specials, including a special deal for camera buyers, and what not. That ended about a week ago, and they hiked the price to the level presently on their web site. However, when I told them that B&H was lower, and then gave them the best price I had found online, which was not quite $150 below theirs, they offered to beat the lowest price I had found. They beat it by more than the cost of shipping. Since they are authorized JVC retailers on top of that, they got my order.
I deal with them a lot now, I think their great.
Carl Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems