IDX Promo Update at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 13th, 2006, 12:41 AM   #1
Inner Circle

IDX Promo Update

I still haven't received my IDX yet. Anyone else still waiting?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 07:26 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce
I still haven't received my IDX yet. Anyone else still waiting?
Yes, still waiting...
Old June 13th, 2006, 07:52 AM   #3
Tourist

IDX Promo

Yes I received mine last week. I purchased on the last day of the promo and sent everything in a few days after that. So I should have been almost at the end of the chain. Regardless, it was still way too long to wait. The promo made me decide to buy the camera before I was really ready and then I was unable to use it for anything but dinking around because of the ridiculous battery that came with it. So I had $5000 tied up for a couple of months in gear that I couldn't use. It really left a bad taste in my mouth.
Richard Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:28 AM   #4
Major Player

Still waiting. I also got in on the last week at Tapeworks. I wish they'd just send me an A/B battery instead.
Warren Shultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Bock
Yes I received mine last week. I purchased on the last day of the promo and sent everything in a few days after that.
I did the same thing but haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully one of these days...
Joel Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I am still waiting for my A/B promo to come thro... its been 2 weeks already - i hope they keep up the 2-4weeks promise..
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #7
Capt. Quirk

I should have my cam on Friday, and we'll see how long it takes. I took warning from you guys, and ordered an extra JVC to help until AB comes in.
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #8
Major Player

My quess is that they've had a back order on the E7S batteries.
We needed more for our cameras and new Marshall HDA monitor (that nicely has an IDX V-mount on the back), but B&H has been out of stock for a while.

Fortunately I just found a couple new on eBay so we can run the jib this week.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #9
Capt. Quirk

I've been noticing a lot of "retired" AB and IDX batteries on ebay. What is it, instead of throwing it away, they ebay?
Old June 13th, 2006, 04:16 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Forman
I've been noticing a lot of "retired" AB and IDX batteries on ebay. What is it, instead of throwing it away, they ebay?

I woiuld never buy a retired battery. These were brand new in box.
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:07 PM   #11
Capt. Quirk

I wouldn't buy a used batt either, but apparently there are those who will try to sell them. They are pricey little buggers though. And to think how much I griped about the price of my BP945s!
Old June 13th, 2006, 10:47 PM   #12
Regular Crew

battery

im still waiting for my IDX promo to come in....i am owed 2 of them because I bought 2 cameras at the same time. JVC actually gave me a call and told me they would not have them in until the middle of june (now) and would send them out as soon as they came in. They offered me the A/B promo if i did not want to wait..the only thing is that i bought all the accessories for the IDX system 3 months ago and no way to return them now. I also have a wedding in 15 days to shoot....either the IDX comes in or i screw up a wedding. Not sure what to do either
Alan Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:10 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Larsen
im still waiting for my IDX promo to come in....i am owed 2 of them because I bought 2 cameras at the same time. JVC actually gave me a call and told me they would not have them in until the middle of june (now) and would send them out as soon as they came in. They offered me the A/B promo if i did not want to wait..the only thing is that i bought all the accessories for the IDX system 3 months ago and no way to return them now. I also have a wedding in 15 days to shoot....either the IDX comes in or i screw up a wedding. Not sure what to do either

Where are you located Alan? I could send you the stock battery that came with the HD100 and that would at least give you some extra time if the IDX doesn't arrive in time.
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Forman
I wouldn't buy a used batt either, but apparently there are those who will try to sell them. They are pricey little buggers though. And to think how much I griped about the price of my BP945s!

Yeah, but when you compare them to the big bricks at $300-400 they're not too bad. I like the fact the that E7s is actually 70WH where the 50s was 50WH.
And with half the draw of the 14v cameras who needs the bigger brick...you don't really need the Powerlink feature either. They're pretty ideal cost/weight/run-time for the IDX.
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:03 AM   #15
Regular Crew

im located in Upland, CA....about 40 min outside of LA. Thanks for your offer but i dont want to burden anyone because it is JVC's fault. Im thinking of an alt option..(have them send me the A/B system and return it after the IDX comes in)..but that might be a long shot. Im pretty sure they want to keep their customers happy (considering the promo was a major player in my decision on the cameras and i am partial to Canon). 3 months is quite a time to wait and i haven't been able to use my cameras much at all. Thanks again
Alan Larsen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems