HD100 Matte box at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 13th, 2006, 08:55 PM   #1
Major Player

HD100 Matte box

Little lost, Getting the M2 HD bundle, if I can interchange lenses what Matte box should I be after? What options/limitations should I be aware of?

This forum has sooo much to do with my purchases that I'm thinking it's due production credits, we should all reference this site in our credits from some angle - It'll bring even more talent and experience - priceless..
Michael Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:16 PM   #2
2nd Unit TV

Your best shot at answering this question is Taylor Wigton. Contact him at taylor@447productions.com and tell him Jonathan said to bug him. The company has excellent info but Taylor's a third-party who works with them and therefore can be thought of as unbiased. IMHO, the whole group is great working to produce a much needed piece of equipment.
Jonathan
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #3
Major Player

Jon, got a delivery notification failure message with the email I sent to him..?
Michael Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 09:33 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Best
Jon, got a delivery notification failure message with the email I sent to him..?
Same has been happening to me with your email Jonathan. I sent you two emails in the past 10 days, both were returned. It's too bad because I invited you to visit me on set in Toronto tomorrow!
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:10 PM   #5
2nd Unit TV

Bad e-Mail

I'm sorry guys. My government e-mail turned restricted to limit communcations to inter-governmental e-mail so I have to use the company e-mail and didn't notify the board. It's jlames@bluelinecinema.tv. I really apologize because I love hearing from you all. Please resend and as to your invite up to Toronto, I'm up there on an anti-terrorism seminar in July. I don't know which dates but you bet, Tim; I'd love to meet up. I'll be staying at the Sutton Place and there's a restaurant right across the street that I'll take you to dinner at. Rodney and I ate there a couple weeks ago and it was fantastic. And the AT Director for Toronto PD is a friend who offered a ride in the Toronto PD helicopter over the city. Youre invited to ride along with us on that as well.

Please re-email me and give me some dates and I'll be there.
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #6
2nd Unit TV

As to the Redrock, Taylor continues to work his magic. I was at EVS when he and Randy were showing some footage they shot over the weekend in Pasadena with the M2 ans whatever he's doing to the Redrock, one word, in-freakin'-credible...OK a tri-contraction!!! but the kid is good. The Chrosziel is well worth it's weight because its construction insures no light-leak. I put it up against the Petroff and both are excelent byt the Chrosziel still wins out. I hate spending 4 figures for a piece of aluminum and plastic but i'll tell you, it's money well-spent. But apnd the money ad get the one with the rod support. The most important factor is the fact that the support eliminates the strain on the 1/3" lense mount which is one of the only weak links in the 100hd. The ":sunshade" is available for $700 and change but engineering wise, well, we're spending $8000 to outfit 5 of our cameras with wings. Do not overlook the wings. Oh, and one more thing. ProMist's, IMHO, don't work with HD. Buy the Tiffin 1.2 soft instead. It's face is laser etched as opposed to the ProMist's dots which, on HD, the camera picks up as moire. This was a clue from Taylor and darned if he wasn't rigfh when I got home and just had to try it with proMists i already have. Word is proMist is working on a solution but it's kinda like the Grass Valley Infinity right now; NRFPT. As always, these observations are IMHO. There may be others out there who have not experinced it. Like today at EVS, Randy and Taylor were trying to dub froim one cam to another and it wasn't working. I went out and got one ofmy 100HDs out of the car and it worked fine. Sometimes things are hit and miss. ANd lastly, sorry about the ham-hands. I'm too ti9red to write this in Word, spell check it and import it into here. You should get the mesage.'
As always, best to all on the boards and I hope you all tune into www.2nd-Unit.tv when we debut on the 21st or are watching devbelop now.
Jonathan
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems