batt status indicator in EVF? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 18th, 2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

batt status indicator in EVF?

does anyone know how to change the battery status indicator on the vewfinder? I've gone into the menu and switched the indicator to capacity% and TIME but in the vewfinder it still came up as voltage. Not sure if im doing something wrong.
Alan Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2006, 11:55 AM   #2
Regular Crew

ha...no one?
Old June 19th, 2006, 01:02 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Alan,
When you first select your change to "time" for example, it will be flashing to let you know you've selected it. You have to press the select once more to "execute" it. Then get out of the menu and it should work. If you don't select it and it doesn't stop flashing, it will go back to your previous setting when you leave the menu.
Warren Shultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2006, 04:00 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Larsen
does anyone know how to change the battery status indicator on the vewfinder? I've gone into the menu and switched the indicator to capacity% and TIME but in the vewfinder it still came up as voltage. Not sure if im doing something wrong.

Hey Alan, the VF only displays voltage for IDX batteries. Time and capacity are for the AB only I believe.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2006, 06:42 PM   #5
Major Player

A few other caveats:

The time and capacity only works with "digital" Anton Bauer batteries, i.e. Digital TrimPac, Digital HyTron, Digital Dionic, etc. Also, a few early Anton Bauer brackets may need to be sent in and be upgraded to allow this function to work with the Rev A cameras. See this thread, starting at page 3:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=68567
Tim Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 04:47 AM   #6
Regular Crew

thanks guys...if that is the case...i'm not really familiar with voltage cause it just seems to stay at the same voltage the entire time. How can I tell how much is left in the battery. Sorry for my lack of knowledge.
Old June 21st, 2006, 09:24 AM   #7
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Larsen
thanks guys...if that is the case...i'm not really familiar with voltage cause it just seems to stay at the same voltage the entire time. How can I tell how much is left in the battery. Sorry for my lack of knowledge.
Unfortunately you can't with non-digital batteries without the "fuel" signal. Because the camera cuts off when the voltage falls below a certain point it simply isn't obvious how much charge you have left - it always shows a "controlled" voltage from the adapter until it cuts out. Quite often the batts have a little led indicator display but I have found these next to useless.

Personally my batts (95wH) last so long, the only problem I've had is when also running a sungun, but trial and error seems to be the best method.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems