JVC Introduces the GY-HD110U ProHD Camcorder - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 21st, 2006, 07:52 AM   #16
Wrangler

That is a very OLD picture of the HD100, with that round earcup foam.

Circa February 2005 or so, I'd say, before the NAB debut.
Old July 21st, 2006, 08:20 AM   #17
Trustee

Does this mean we can expect less attention from JVC in the future regarding th JVC100 (accessories, firm ware upgrades, etc.)?

Or because the cameras are so similar does it mean the opposite (ie - because JVC is still exploring everything that this particular class of cameras can do, there will be future upgrades, etc)?

What's your guys' take on this?

john
evilgeniusentertainment.com
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 11:04 AM   #18
Regular Crew

As far as accessories, i'd have to believe that there are more comming as it seems that the form factor is going to stay the same. If the chassis and everything is the same then I don't see why accesories wouldn't be interchangeable.

As far as more firmware/software updates, I kinda doubt if we'll see any further development for the 100 line, unless it's a major issue affecting a large percentage of the installed base.
Old July 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Weaver
That is a very OLD picture of the HD100, with that round earcup foam.

Circa February 2005 or so, I'd say, before the NAB debut.
Cool, thanks for the info.

I want that pad! (:
Jonathan Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 05:57 PM   #20
Regular Crew

HD110 Multiple Output Question

Given my limited experiance, I feel like a pair of brown shoes in a tuxedo shop whenever I ask a question in this forum but here goes.

What advantage does the Multiple Output capabilities, specifically 1080i output mean to me? (The other "improvements" dont appear to be important to me..I think)

I do short films on humanitarian projects in C and S. America..scenery and people stuff. I burn the final product to DVD.

I have been waiting to buy the 100U with AB promotion, just got the money and now I see the 110U.

thanks so much for any responses.

Jon
Jon R. Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 09:05 PM   #21
JVC America

Clarifications

All,

First off, Nate is right, the B&H picture is not current. They should update their picture. Current pictures are easy to obtain on www.jvc.com/pro

Second, please know that ALL accessories that were for the GY-HD100U also work on the GY-HD110U. The two bodies are the same physical design.

Third, please know that there is no capability to upgrade a GY-HD100U to a GY-HD110U.

Regards, Carl
Old July 22nd, 2006, 09:37 AM   #22
Contributor

Seems to me the 110 is simply the latest version of the original, which is what Sony does with it's minor upgrades. It's not a reason to get all excited and trade your camera. It's simply the way the camera is now configured. This is why I've never liked being the first kid on the block with the newest toy. When the DSR500 came out, we waited till the minor upgrade which happened in less than a year. It wasn't a big deal, but a few things were better. In the case of this JVC, the main thing they've done is provide the flipped image correction in the viewfinder, which means you can use one of the adapters for 35mm lenses and see the image properly when shooting. That's a rather big deal for me, because if I were to buy this camera I would also get the Redrock Micro so I could use all my old Nikkor 35mm still camera lenses.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2006, 09:56 AM   #23
Capt. Quirk

Sort of like the XL1-XL1s. Only not a huge leap in cost, timespan between versions, or major changes. So it's exactly like that, only different ;)
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:18 AM   #24
Contributor

Yeah, exactly the same...only different. It's a good thing--allows them to fix early problems and improve the camera over time. Of course if you bought the first model and then like the changes they made, you would be upset, but that's the breaks of jumping into the pool too early. All those guys make life better for the ones who wait, so just think of it as good quality community service. However...I know a guy who bought MII when it came out in the '80s and he's still pissed off. I told him not to.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:01 AM   #25
Major Player

I love jvc. As long as the hd110 is the same camera inside and out but with only a few extras, then they really gave us a deal with the AB promo. I am interested in the new features but I just find some of them kind of trivial. The image flip is probably my favorite of the upgrades because it is a must with those 35mm adapters.

IMO, the fx1 to z1 and MOST DEFINITELY the xl1s to xl2 were much greater advancements. The z1 at least had some extra image enhancements.

At this point, I would feel kind of sad paying 1200 dollars more for the hd110 but I could some people, especially the redrock guys, would have no problem. I rather wait and buy the hd200.
Jonathan Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 04:44 PM   #26
Wrangler

I split off the Sony F330 posts and put them in the XDCAM forum, where they might be more useful to a bigger audience.

New thread is here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=72113
Old August 2nd, 2006, 01:46 AM   #27
Trustee

Does the HD110 allow the use of component and composite at same time like the HD200?
Also, it seems to me that with the release of the HD110, the only extra feature the HD200 has over it is 720 50/60p?
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 07:00 AM   #28
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maier
Does the HD110 allow the use of component and composite at same time like the HD200?
Also, it seems to me that with the release of the HD110, the only extra feature the HD200 has over it is 720 50/60p?
Hi Michael,

The only ProHD camera thus far proposed that will offer composite and component at the same time is the upcoming GY-HD250U.

The GY-HD200U will offer significant features above the GYHD110U, such as image reversal, 720p/50 and 720p/60 record modes, and several other smaller new features.

Keep in mind that the LCD image flip in the GYHD110 does not flip the recorded image - only the image seen in the LCD monitor. This is helpful for framing your shots when using a prime lens or still camera lens. The image will however still record upside down, requiring you to flip it in post. The GYHD200U and GYHD250U will have image flip that flips the monitored image AND the recorded image.

Regards, Carl

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems