Problems After Getting Camera Back From "a" Upgrade at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 03:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Problems After Getting Camera Back From "a" Upgrade

I recently received my camera back from JVC after getting the "A" upgrade and have just now started to play around with it, testing some new Tiffen filters I bought, and to my shock have now noticed that I have some horrible video noise going on. It's a rather obvious and constant flickering of lines going across the top half of the picture. Have I switched something by mistake? Or is it possible something went wrong in the upgrade process? I used a head cleaner, thinking that may be the problem, but it didn't fix it. When I hook it up to FCP and do a live on screen view(without recording to tape)the flicker is still there. It's freaking me out! Any thoughts or similar issues with anyone out there?
Scott Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2006, 04:11 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Scott - the closest we have come to that is - every so often (usually if we have been messing with certain aspects within the menu) the little LCD monitor goes black and lines appear at the top of the screen. However, looking at the monitor hooked up to the camera still shows a perfect picture. Switching the camera off from the mains/battery system for a minute clears the glitch. Sounds like you may need to give JVC a call, hopefully they will be able to sort it out over the phone... real pain having to send it back again.

All the best... Stu
www.studioscotland
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2006, 07:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Real pain is right. Not to mention another $250 in shipping each way if they don't pick up the tab. I checked it again this morning hoping it was just a bad dream but it's still there. In fact I can clearly see it in my viewfinder and LCD display now that I look at it. It wasn't until I viewed some new footage on my 23" apple HD display that it was REALLY obvious. AAAGGGHHH!
Scott Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems