Comparing HD-200 and HD-250 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 22nd, 2006, 03:52 AM   #46
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris van Eck
Carl, what is the current status of the two camera's? I see different releasedates at each different site. Some say the HD-251E will be released early 2007 and the HD-201E will be released in october. But from what you have said, I understand that this is not the case?

Also, has your company already decided if the 200 will have IDX or AB? I am almost convinced to buy into the JVC system. Another question I have is if both camera's work easily with Adobe Production Studio (Premiere) as that is the NLE system I am using and am comfortable with.
This is the reply (10-10-2006) that I got from JVC Pro in The Netherlands:

Dear Mr/Mrs,

The GY-HD251 will be available as of the coming month.
For more information please contact Inter VCD Duiven
026-3196969 Mr. Geert-Jan van der Mark.

The GY-HD200 is officially announced, according to company policy
we can not inform the market until the product is officially released.

In order to have you fully informed,
--
Best regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
Paul H.A.G. Pasveer
JVC Professional Europe
Sales & Marketing Manager
-----------------------------
De Heyderweg 2-4
2314 XZ Leiden
THE NETHERLANDS
Tel: +31 (0)71 - 545.33.22
Fax: +31 (0)71 - 545.34.05
Mob: +31 (0)6 - 525.55.103
Marc Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 06:57 PM   #47
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan Ahonen
Reason I'm asking is I work at a cable station that's looking to go HD in a couple years, we cover high school sports. The HD250 looks like a great solution to go HD very inexpensively, especially since the cameras can be used for ENG as well. TBH I wasn't too keen on multicore in the first place, if it were possible to run an HD250 over fiber or triax I would be sold. Triax preferably, since state tournaments happen in arenas that are wired for triax.

Also, a friend of mine runs a video program for a school district and he's looking to update his nearly decade-old video system as well, if he could get some proper CCU-controllable cameras (HD no less) for $15k each he would be all over it.

But... the big issue is being able to work with these cameras effectively handheld, which means for example being able to take the camera all the way up and down a football sideline.
Hi Stephan,

JVC is working with two companies to finalize long-distance cable solutions for the GY-HD250U. One is Telecast Fiber, and one is Camplex. Both systems will allow remote control, powering, and signals over cable that is a combination of either fiber and a copper pair, or fiber and a coax.

I saw the Camplex prototype last week with a GY-HD250, and it was quite impressive. It's base station will output a composite SD video signal and a HD-SDI HD signal from the camera. The system powers the camera, and in conjunction with a small JVC remote, full CCU control is provided. Intercom & genlock are also sent down the coax. Cabling is fiber for the HD, and coax for all other signals and power. The fiber and the coax are bundled together in a single jacket. The cable is flexible, durable, and lighter weight than triax or multicore. The coax portion of the cable assembly can be tied into a traix facility with a coax to traix adaptor that Camplex sells, but an extra fiber cable would need to be run for the HD-SDI. You might be able to do SD-SDI over the triax alone. Cable lenths up to about 1400 feet are possible. This system would work well in your football application.

The Telecast Fiber system will be more feature-rich, and will accomodate cable lengths up to about 5000 meters. Of course, it will cost more. I have not seen it yet in operation, so I can't comment on it's qualities yet, but it should be top-notch.

With these options, we will be able to cover virtually any studio or EFP application, with 3 different alternatives for cabling and control.

Regards, Carl
Old October 22nd, 2006, 07:08 PM   #48
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris van Eck
Carl, what is the current status of the two camera's? I see different releasedates at each different site. Some say the HD-251E will be released early 2007 and the HD-201E will be released in october. But from what you have said, I understand that this is not the case?

Also, has your company already decided if the 200 will have IDX or AB? I am almost convinced to buy into the JVC system. Another question I have is if both camera's work easily with Adobe Production Studio (Premiere) as that is the NLE system I am using and am comfortable with.
Hi Floris,

I can only speak for what's happening in the US. We expect to have a small amount of GY-HD250U's in the U.S. in a few weeks. Orders are already in-hand for many units.

Regarding the GY-HD200U: We have always said that it would come sometime after the GY-HD250U. I don't know the exact time, but in the near future.

The U.S. GY-HD250U will have an Anton Bauer battery mount standard. I do not know about models for other parts of the world.

Tentative information for the GY-HD200U is that it will likely have an IDX mount.

Regarding Adobe Premier: The GY-HD100U and GY-HD110U work fine with Premier. The new cameras should work equally as well. In fact, Adobe Premier was one of the very first NLE's to fully support JVC's ProHD equipment.

Regards, Carl

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems