Timecode and Magnify on the 250 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 15th, 2006, 03:02 PM   #1
Major Player

Timecode and Magnify on the 250

I was reading the manual on the 250 (don't laugh). Some of these functions, you have to read or you'll never know about them. - Like the magnify display view. It zooms in on the audio levels and timecode to full LCD size.

Then within this view you can hit a few key combos and reset and then set the TC preset without going into a menu! Hooray.

I knew about the Stop User 2 on the HD100 to reset to zero, but were these other option always there on the 100 or are they new to the HD250.

Dave Beaty
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 10:43 PM   #2
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beaty
I was reading the manual on the 250 (don't laugh). Some of these functions, you have to read or you'll never know about them. - Like the magnify display view. It zooms in on the audio levels and timecode to full LCD size.

Then within this view you can hit a few key combos and reset and then set the TC preset without going into a menu! Hooray.

I knew about the Stop User 2 on the HD100 to reset to zero, but were these other option always there on the 100 or are they new to the HD250.

Dave Beaty
Stop and user 2 together will reset TC preset to zero on all ProHD cameras.
Old November 16th, 2006, 06:42 AM   #3
Major Player

Right, I knew the HD100 had the reset key combo, but did the HD100 have the magnify display function?

This is a pretty useful function. You know how you can hardly see the small audio level meter? This makes it BIG.

Also, for most operators, setting TC presets happens at the start of every tape, so making it a keystroke combo (setting the hour digits for tape #, not just zero reset) is a big thing.
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems