110u - Fs-4 + Fcp 5.1.4 + 24p/30p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 10th, 2007, 09:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

110u - Fs-4 + Fcp 5.1.4 + 24p/30p

I have searched through the forums and haven't been able to find a clear answer on this.

I am planning on buying a 110u by the end of the month and like the idea of recording to tape and HD at the same time--therefore making capture easier and having a tape backup. Looking at the DR-HD100, I decided that the extra features it provides I do not need. However, I still have some questions about the FS-4 with HD upgrade.

1. If I get a FS-4 that hasn't had the HD upgrade, all I need to do is get the firmware updater from Focus's website, correct?

2. Will the FS-4 support 24P HDV recording? My plan is to take the m2t files and use MPEG Streamclip to convert the m2t files to DVCProHD to edit with in Final Cut Pro 5.1.4. Would it also support 30P footage?

3. Any more news on frames/seconds lost when you hit the 2 GB file limit? I record things that are over an hour, and while I don't mind putting the clips back together in FCP, but I can't have a single frame gone between clips!

Thanks,

Matthew Rogers
Matthew Rogers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems