Need shoulder strap suggestions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 12th, 2007, 10:47 PM   #1
Wrangler

Need shoulder strap suggestions

Need a shoulder strap for my HD100, anyone have any suggestions?
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Just loop a small strap though those metal loops found on the shoe and above the cassete door.

I needed one real fast and didn't have a small enough strap so I just used key rings to attach a larger strap. It worked fine for me.
Jonathan Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 03:27 AM   #3
Trustee

I used my old dvx100's strap on the HD100.
An advice, pull in the strap to maximum so its safely tucked under your arm when you sling it. If you allow the camera some slack, this will give it some "swing room" which might bump your camera around unecesarily.
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:17 PM   #4
Wrangler

Thanks guys, but I'm more looking for suggestions on brands of strap, Lowepro, Kata, PortaBrace, etc...
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I notice that Portabrace has one thatlooks like it will fit on the HD100 series and I've always been partial to portabrace. Bags, straps raincovers, camera jackets. They make a good quality product.

Here's the info from the B&H site
Porta Brace HB-15DVCAM Light-Duty Black Flex Mini-DV Camcorder Shoulder Strap
Mfr# HB15DVCAM • B&H# POHB15DVCAM $44.95

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #6
Major Player

strap

I too like portabrace.

One rather unconventional strap I've found for a smaller camcorder is cabelas.com binostrap. Crosses over your back like an "X"

It's a binocular strap, actually. Loops over the shoulders not the neck, so it saves you from neck strain. I rode horseback for 6 hours thru snow and rain with this rig, shooting periodically (I had the protabrace rain slicker for my sony a1u to protect it). It worked rather well.

I wore it ou the outer layer of rain gear, so I just pulled the whole thing over my head to take it off.
James Harring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #7
Major Player

The one I use is a portabrace. It's one of the best I have used and it has served me well even after wearing it for long durations.

I like it a lot but like I said before, I had to use key rings to make it fit.
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:53 AM   #8
Trustee

well I do dearly wish that JVC had put on the standard sony buttons used for camera straps, then anything would of fit, and it would of been easy on/easy off. I'm using an old thin camera strap from a canon A1 which is on the camera full time, but if you go to a photo store, you'll find these very cool neoprene straps. they have some flex when carrying gear and really it make it feel lighter. they go for around $20. if the strap has some plastic snap quick releases, I'd remove them, and then attach to the camera using some metal O rings on the body, and some suitable snap D-rings on the strap
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #9
Major Player

I'm using the one from my old JVC HD10U which has some proud badging on it! Before I thought of that I had a Nikon strap which I saw first. It uses a standard STILL camera strap, which is a pain to take on and off. I also prefer the the sony clip pins (which I installed on my JVC GY-DV200).
Generally, I'd try to use a strap in the mount for stability and strength, but maybe rings and snaps will make sense if I get tired of keeping the strap on all the time.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems