Rock Concert Shoot - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 3rd, 2007, 02:06 AM   #16
Major Player

Why not just use 4 HD100's? That solves all your problems right there.

Also, why not hire videographers with their own gear instead of renting their cameras for them. It may be more cost effective than you think.
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:35 AM   #17
Major Player

Hmm, I tried crunching some numbers and I guess I can see how you can get to $4k if you pad it a bit, but honestly there's a lot of room to go down. If you end up going the SD route you can save a ton of money right there by just renting SD gear. XL2s instead of Z1s knocks your budget down to about $2.5k easily, and you get actual shoulderable cameras as a bonus.

I'm with Scott on seeing if you can find some owner/operators. Rental houses rip you off so badly.
Stephan Ahonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:44 AM   #18
New Boot

I have one operator with his own DV500 - which we'll use at a stretch. The other two op's we are providing cameras for them.

Ideally, I would like to go all HD100 - but there isn't a decent rental house in my city, so we have to go through Dublin - even then the outfit I'm dealing with are primarily Sony-centric and are trying to outsource the HD100's from the UK.
Michael Hurley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems