Best End Product from HD100U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 7th, 2007, 03:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best End Product from HD100U

Hi guys. . . . .

Just another HD100U owner who's swimming through the forums and websites, scrounging for information and, most importantly, answers.

I shoot on an HD100U in 24PA SD and edit for the most part on Media Composer, however I have access to Final Cut Pro 5. I would like to know (preferably with as limited technical jargon as possible; or if used, please explain thoroughly; I'm still learning like a lot of us out there) what is the best possible solution for the best possible quality out of my camera and NLE system. I want so bad to begin recording in HDV 24p, however I realize there is a lack of support out there for it. Yet many of the websites I stumble onto, including this one, there are countless individuals with their incredible HD100U 24p HDV videos, which I am so fascinated by for their clarity and detail, and I'm left wondering "How were they able to accomplish this?" Do I need a Firestore recording system? Do I need to avoid tape? Is it possible to record uncompressed footage? If people have used different scenarios, what were they? I'm very interested.

Please help; this has become more frustrating than I ever wanted it to be. I appreciate all of your input. This is a fantastic website with so much knowledge and I look forward to continuing to gain from this knowledge. . . .

Eddie
Edward Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2007, 09:24 AM   #2
Major Player

You will need to either upgrade to FCP 5.1 (which has HDV 24p support)

or use a 3rd party capture program like Lumiere HD and import it into your FCP timeline.
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #3
Regular Crew

San Antonio

Hey Edward your in San Antonio too. Hey man, Your camera will look amazing if you use FCP 5.1.4 in Easy Setup HDV-720p24. I'd like to see some of your work. You can see some of mine at www.irezproductions.com . I don't own this camera but have cut a few projects shot with it using FCP and G5.
Bryan Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #4
Trustee

Uhh... Guys, it doesn't matter what NLE you use. The footage would look the same on just about any NLE.

@ Ed,

Are you having trouble getting good quality images from the camera?
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems