Adobe ONLOCATION 1394 Issue with Gy251 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 5th, 2007, 05:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Adobe ONLOCATION 1394 Issue with Gy251

Hi gang,

I've just installed adobe's new ONLOCATION (which i've seen working and it's the best for onset capture and field monitor in one). My question is this, I have installed it onto my mac using Bootcamp. The problem is that the jvc 251 does not get recognised on the macbook pro running Vista Ultimate (using bootcamp) so was wondering what drivers I could get to tell the 1394 to communicate with the camera.

Being a mac user I'm not sure of any software drivers that JVC have put out for Vista machines? Any help is very much appreciated.
Matt Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:47 AM   #2
Major Player

I always connect the camera, and then start the software for a reliable detection. Vista has standard FireWire drivers on-board. No need to install extra drivers. On a boot camp configuration it should have these drivers as well.
Did you also tried the DV mode instead of the HDV mode and try to connect?
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:07 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks

Thanks Marc for replying. Yes I've tried HD and SD but still no go. After a lot of searching on the net it seems as though people with JVC camera's seem to be getting the same problem. I've even installed XP Sp1, Sp2 and Vista. I have found a few ways to attack the problem and will post again if it works (i read that if you use the XP Sp1 1394 drivers that it can sometimes work). Anyone else with the same problem would love to hear from you too.

Again thanks for replying Marc.
Matt Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 07:10 PM   #4
Major Player

Matt, have you bought PPro CS3 with OnLocation, or do you use trial? Trial doesn't support HDV, just DV. Try to set your JVC to DV and see if it's detected (i just tried that and it worked).

And I am positive the original DV Rack (renamed to OnLocation) didn't work in Vista, sadly.

Did you get a Microsoft AV/C Subunit device driver missing message in Windows? If not, set your camera to DV and try a basic Windows Movie Maker or some freeware to see if it gets detected there.

Last edited by Jiri Fiala; July 9th, 2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: oh I am sorry, i was too eager to answer to check previous messages :-/
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 07:23 AM   #5
Contributor

Also - be careful to power down both the camera and the MAC before connecting. These firewire ports are easy to damage. See the sticky thread at top of forum.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:06 AM   #6
New Boot

I have the same issue with my gy-hd100e...
it works only in DV mode.. in HDV the cam is recognized by the notebook but onlocation does not show the device in the menu...
I was getting crazy for it.. now I wonders.. why adobes does not specify that the trial does not support HDV? wouldn't be easy for all? strange behaviour..
Roberto Longo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems