HD200 - Wedding Stills at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 11th, 2007, 01:18 AM   #1
Major Player

HD200 - Wedding Stills

Hi ,

I rented a HD200 for a personal test - here are some stills of the wedding.

http://www.media-in-work.de/fuer_vvf...200/hd200.html

It was

HD200 + STd. Lens (TH16x...) + Fujinon WA converter (0.82).

720 50P captured with Sony Vegas.

No postpro yet, straight out of the cam.

Settings: Blackstretch (+3 I think), Knee ~85%, Detail -5 , no matrix settings.

ULI

Last edited by Uli Mors; July 11th, 2007 at 01:19 AM. Reason: ..forgot the link...
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 05:50 AM   #2
Major Player

Black Stretch at +3 tends to make the picture a little washy and low contrast for my tastes. It also adds a far amount of noise to the picture.

You may need it for a certain purpose, but even in low light, I think it is best to stick with standard gain.
Mike Marriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 06:53 AM   #3
Major Player

Yes some of those images are alittle to gainy for my taste i must say
Tyson Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #4
Major Player

I liked the shots Uli.

The black stretch is a must at the reception and in run and gun low light situations. I can see it made a big difference at yours. I don't use it for anything other than the reception, but that's just because I try to shoot for the final output. I think that the ceremony footage will look really good when you compress it in post.

Looks like it was a great wedding for you.

Ben
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 02:15 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lynn View Post
The black stretch is a must at the reception and in run and gun low light situations. I can see it made a big difference at yours. I don't use it for anything other than the reception, but that's just because I try to shoot for the final output. I think that the ceremony footage will look really good when you compress it in post.
I used to use black stretch in low light but don't now because I found it made the blacks so noisy, especially when combined with gain. It means that only lower gain settings look acceptable. I also don't mind leaving the blacks black.
Mike Marriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:10 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi ,

thanks for all those replies!

I used BS to bring down the iris a bit for wider latitude in the pic - perhaps it was too much, but I wasnt satisfied with the pic out of the cam - it looked Blackcompressed to me - so I went a bit "against" that look. Perhaps that was wrong, I know that IŽll bring the blacks back in in post again...

I must admit : On the TV screen the pics look much better than on the computer stills... CA and noise is less obvious with moving objects...

Uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems