Off topic- Camera stolen at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old September 26th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Off topic- Camera stolen

My HM100 was taken from my home in College Park, Maryland. I know that this is not what you are supposed to post here but I'm trying anything. If anyone gets a line on some used gear in this area over the next few days, please let me know.
Tracy Foust 303-343-0449
Tracy Foust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Not good news and you have my sympathy. I get insanely mad when someone makes free with my stuff.

Its probably not much help this suggestion but it might be worthwhile sending an email to the primary JVC Professional vendors in say, Australia, Canada, Malaysia, Republic of Indonesia, Singapore, Hongkong and of course your major player in the US. They also might just have a worldwide database of stolen serials.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm sorry, Tracy, that sucks. My T2i with a PL mount and some nice glass was stolen right out of our studio a few months ago. It sucks.

Give the police serials for your camera and anything else you had with it. In my area, the police get records from the pawn shops every week with serials of anything that comes through their store. The police can also add the info to a database of stolen items, in case it turns up somewhere else. Might not be a bad idea to post the model and serial number online somewhere where the Google can find it. You can also go directly to regional video or photo shops with the info, and ask for their help in case someone tries to bring it in to sell or repair. A couple of the places I contacted seemed to resent that I thought someone might be bringing stolen gear to their shop, but most were eager to help.

I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck.
Old September 26th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Equipment recovered

Thanks to all for the concern, God did me a favor I certainly did not deserve!
Tracy
Tracy Foust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Glad to hear! You were fortunate.

How did your camera find its way home?
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Wayward camera

Let's just say that there are good people in the world that know others that are less good.
Tracy Foust is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems