New GY-HM700 Camcorder - Page 17 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old August 25th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #241
Tourist

Nano Flash with HM 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Markert View Post
Just checked the HM700 price at B&H: with 17x Fuji lens, $9,995. Ouch! That's for 1/3" CCD's.

If I can get so much more out of my 250, then perhaps I CAN wait a year or so to upgrade....only thing about this Flash thingy - it's not cheap. It's $4800. That's awfully close to what the body of the 700 will probably be... B&H needs to figure this out, but they list it with the 14x as 6995 then again as just the body for 7495. For a 2k upgrade to the XDR, you can toss in a whole video camera...
John & Jeff,
I tested out NANO FLASH with HM 700 using SDI feed , the test was recorded at 140 mbs . I was very disappointed, u can hardly see any difference comparing to the results from 35 mbs on SDHC card. I would not spend money on this device . The owner of the unit also commented that he is disappointed since he can't see any significant difference using it with EX 3 speaking about the quality, although you get a higher bit rate. I think this unit is just a matter of budget not necessarily much better quality footage.
Yuriy Zahvoyskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #242
Regular Crew

I did some tests recording with an AJA io box. There's a negligible quality difference for low-motion shots, but it makes a world of difference in high motion, particularly with high detail.
Old August 26th, 2010, 02:43 AM   #243
Inner Circle

Dear Yuriy,

One of our friends, Mr. Steve Phillips, requested that I respond to your post concerning the user of our nanoFlash with the HM700.

At first glance, the difference between quality 35 Mbps 4:2:0 and higher bit-rate 4:2:2 recording is not always obvious.

There is always a difference in that 4:2:2 retains more color information and this can ususally be seen, but it does depend on the scene being recorded. But, this can be fairly subtle at times.

The real difference, according to image experts, is that a higher bit-rate 4:2:2 recording holds up better in post, but this all depends on what is done in post.

The other difference is handling motion, either in the image, or camera motion, with higher bit-rates being better.

Please understand that modern cameras that record 4:2:0 at 35 Mbps can and do produce high quality images.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems