DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The Long Black Line (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-black-line/)
-   -   DV Tape Rewinder (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-black-line/12691-dv-tape-rewinder.html)

Dave Blackhurst July 24th, 2007 05:41 PM

used HC3? They are not the greatest image wise, but built solid, and I think use the same imager as the 5... and not too high on the resale market.

Joe Busch August 12th, 2007 10:03 PM

HV10's are running about $5-600 on ebay...

The problem is they don't like sony tapes, I tried importing Z1 tapes with it...

If you capture the footage w/ a Z1 it's fine, it rewinded/played back fine... just sucked when it came to capturing the Z1 stuff w/ HV10...

J. Stephen McDonald October 23rd, 2007 05:29 AM

After 3.5 years, my Sima SRW-62 DV tape rewinder works fine and has never damaged a tape. Unfortunately, they don't seem to sell it anymore. However, the Maxell rewinder shown on the Pro-Tape website that is linked at the beginning of this old thread, looks exactly like the Sima SRW-62 and might be the same item, sold under another brand. Looks aren't always what they seem, so check it out carefully before buying.

Paul Kepen March 22nd, 2009 01:43 PM

MY 3 year old SIMA SRW-62 eats tapes

My Sima srw-62 has always been noisy and takes a hard to push to stop/start the rewinder. I have never notice it slowing down at all when it reaches the end of the tape - just slams to a stop. Now when I try using it just crimps and pulls the tape out of the casestte, usually just an inch or two of crimpled tape, but no rewind/fast forward. It is now useless. I would like to find a good "gentle" unit to replace it with. Any recent recomendations / finds?
Thanks - PK

J. Stephen McDonald March 22nd, 2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Kepen (Post 1031701)
My Sima srw-62 has always been noisy and takes a hard to push to stop/start the rewinder. I have never notice it slowing down at all when it reaches the end of the tape - just slams to a stop. Now when I try using it just crimps and pulls the tape out of the casestte, usually just an inch or two of crimpled tape, but no rewind/fast forward. It is now useless. I would like to find a good "gentle" unit to replace it with. Any recent recomendations / finds?
Thanks - PK

My Sima SRW-62 still does fine after 5 years. I've just changed the batteries for the first time. I don't know of any other brands that would be available, but hopefully someone will provide a suggested model. Unless I trusted a rewinder, I wouldn't use it, as I have two DV VCRs and a DV camcorder that could rewind my HDV tapes.

Paul Kepen March 23rd, 2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Stephen McDonald (Post 1031827)
My Sima SRW-62 still does fine after 5 years. I've just changed the batteries for the first time. I don't know of any other brands that would be available, but hopefully someone will provide a suggested model. Unless I trusted a rewinder, I wouldn't use it, as I have two DV VCRs and a DV camcorder that could rewind my HDV tapes.

I have mine hooked up to the 110v outlet via a 110v AC to 6v DC adapter. Maybe the lower available current via batteries is the answer. I am amazed that you got 5 years out of a set of batteries! Approximtes how many times/tapes do you rewind/FF a year?
thanks - PK