Tape organizing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old October 26th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Tape organizing

I want to start using my tapes one time and archiving them for people cause my HDD is getting full...

Anyone know of a good Mini-DV organizer? Like a small one that could fit on a desk or in a book case or something?
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:53 AM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Big box wth numbered tapes; sheet of paper taped to outside with list of numbers corresponding to content of each tape?

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 04:17 PM   #3
Inner Circle

And storing or archiving recorded magnetic tape should be under strict conditions.

Get a suitable size solid plastic *resealable* food container. Store the DV tapes upright in their cases together with a sachet of fresh silicagel and keep the container in the best temp stable low humidity cupboard.

I try and store my DV tapes tail out, ie after capturing or playing 'em don't rewind to start. This makes a smooth tight tape pack and I have to rewind them before playing, maybe months or years later and maybe on a different machine. This is not essential but it helps preserve them. They say you should wind them end to end every year, I don't.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line