Good Place to Get a Broken Tape Repaired at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old July 15th, 2005, 10:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Good Place to Get a Broken Tape Repaired

I borrowed a camera (JVC DV-500) recently from a "video friend" for a shoot that required 3 cameras. The camera worked great while shooting, but twice(!) ate tapes while ejecting the tape to the point that the tapes broke. So out of about 15 tapes used in this camera, 2 were toast. These were "one time" events - plays and dance recital type stuff.

What to do? Did a search on-line and found Pacific Video Repair. Filled out their on-line form, they sent an Email with instructions. Sent them one tape and prayed. They notified me when they received the tape, notified me again when they repaired it (the day after they received it), and asked for Paypal payment ($20.00). Shipped the tape back to me the same day I paid them ($20.00 includes the return shipping).

I received the tape last night and captured everything successfully. Very professional, good service, great price. I'm sending the second broken tape today.

Here's the web url:

http://www.pacificvideorepair.com/

Hope none of you ever need it - but if you do...

jc

You mean I can get paid to do this?
John Cloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2005, 08:49 PM   #2
Trustee

Based on this post, I sent my broken tape to Pacific Video Repair.

They did a quick turnaround and I was quite satisfied. So, thanks John, it was very helpful.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line