What Tripod+Monopod combo share quick release plate? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Monopods (incl. FlowPod)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 2nd, 2003, 06:51 PM   #1
Major Player

What Tripod+Monopod combo share quick release plate?

What Tripod+Monopod Combination share the same quick release plate? I'm planning doing quite a bit of event videography with my DVX100. I was leaning towards the Libec M20/Bescor TH-650 but then I couldn't find info on a monopod that would accept a quick release plate from those tripods. I was looking at some cheap Bogen 3130 heads which seems pretty nice and fluid. But I don't know which Monopods are compatible with that head. Can someone recommend a good $300 or less combination of both tripod and monopod? Thanks for any info.
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2003, 09:57 PM   #2
Trustee

Best bet would be to fit a plate yourself. A manfrotto 557 or 558 both have a sliding plate quick release. I'm pretty sure that's the same size as the plate from the 501 through 503 heads.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 07:49 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes, I would like to know this too

I have a Libec and would love to use the Quick Release to Monopod or shoulder brace, yet I have not found a solution.
Old June 4th, 2003, 08:53 AM   #4
Major Player

What about this item? Wouldn't this work?? I dunno, has anyone used it before?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh2.sph/...ID=F5C6E4E0910
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 12:13 PM   #5
Trustee

First, consider if you want to keep the same style of plate that your tripod uses if not then go to

http://db.manfrotto.com/

click on"Photo and video camera supports"

under"Quick release systems" click on "Adapter assemblies" You'll have a choice of 4 different systems. I like the siding plate because it will allow you top ajust the center of gravity.

Buy whatever system you want and attach the plate to your tripod, monopod and/or shoulder brace and leave it there. The trouble is you need one adapter for each pod.

I have a 557 monopod with a 136 head so i bought the sliding plate adapter and mounted it on a universal hex plate. It stays on my tripod at all times.
the numbers are Bogen 3272 and 3273
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2003, 01:41 PM   #6
Major Player

anyone know of a monopod that shares the same plate as the vinten pro5 tripod?
Adi Head is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Monopods (incl. FlowPod)