Where to buy in Florida? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Monopods (incl. FlowPod)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 29th, 2003, 03:45 PM   #1
Capt. Quirk

Where to buy in Florida?

Hello all- I have a shoot in Miami Tuesday evening, and the place is going to be short on room. So, instead of using my tripod, I'll have to go with a monopod. I have looked at the bogens, and several others, but feel that a Slik would serve me better, and save what little cash I have available at the moment.

So, who do you buy from in Fla? I could just mail order it from NY or Ca, but it may not get here in time.
Thanks
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 07:30 PM   #2
Major Player

Hey Keith, I would try to fold up the legs of my tripod to make as small a profile as possible, rather than spend the money buying for a one time shoot.

Failing that, with all the photographers and videographers in Miami, surely you could rent from someplace.

If it was easy, they'd get a relative to do it.
Wayne Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 07:47 PM   #3
Capt. Quirk

I can't see renting a monopod that I can buy for $20, and will use again... just not often :) I thought about using my tripod with the legs together, but it is pretty bulky. I have seen the Slik SlimPod, and like it. It has a tilt head, and is only about $20. On the other end of that scale, I have seen prices up towards $800. For a monopod! I think someone has been sniffing the glue :)

I would like to buy this SlimPod, but nobody here has them, few even know what a monopod is, let alone carry any. I have tried searching for retailers in Florida, just to make sure I get it quick, but have had little luck.
Old April 29th, 2003, 08:26 PM   #4
Warden

Keith, what's the nearest big city you're near?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 08:29 PM   #5
Capt. Quirk

Orlando is an hour away, and so is Daytona. I had planned on having it shipped, it would be cheaper than gas for the SUV :o
So, with that said, where do you shop? Do they carry Slik?
Old April 29th, 2003, 08:58 PM   #6
Warden

Some of the Ritz Cameras carry Slik monopods. Call a couple of them and have them check stock for you. I think there is a good size Ritz near Daytona. They can't ship, but if it's on the way to Miami, it might work

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:12 PM   #7
Capt. Quirk

I went to the Ritz home page, and looked for monopods. I couldn't find any Sliks, but plenty of Bogens. Strangely enough, doing a search for Slik monopods at B&H turns up nothing, and searching for monopod turns up nothing but Bogens, and one or two other higher priced pods. I know that they do have some, I found a link to them. I guess the low priced items get hidden?
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:21 PM   #8
Warden

Ritz doesn't show everything they carry. Some items can't be sold via internet etc. I would call a couple of the stores and ask them to call other stores in their district.

Old April 29th, 2003, 10:12 PM   #9
Trustee

http://www.photomartusa.com/
Photomart are in Orlando

They seem to stock a fair bit.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2003, 06:30 AM   #10
Capt. Quirk

Thanks guys, I'll check into them.
K. Forman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Monopods (incl. FlowPod)