All white screen... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old October 16th, 2008, 03:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

All white screen...

I went to test this top mount on my helmet .. the cam was all set with the proper prompts in the screen. I turned it on ..and headed out. I usually just let it run 'till the battery is done ..about 75min. I came back to the shop and all I get is beeps, verbal choice of camera or playback mode ...but a totally White screen. I tried Menu ..and can get it to beep ..but I can't see anything on the screen? My SD card is also not visible to my Mac in a card reader?! Have you seen anything like this? ...and I RTFM, it said nothing about this specific condition. (run it for a year without errors..) Thanks.

Jim

http://www.wetstuff.com/camera/helmet_top.jpg

.......interesting: I was able to get access to the files on the card via a cable from the camera to my iMac. (usually, I simply plug the SD card into a reader to save the battery) It recorded fine and appears to work. I have to pretend to be blind; I have used it often enough that muscle memory comes into play. But, I'm willing to bet my screen, or it's driver, is toast.

Last edited by Jim Cancil; October 17th, 2008 at 10:31 AM.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)