How do I join clips on PC? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old June 8th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #1
New Boot

How do I join clips on PC?

I have tried Vegas 6 and QT Pro but can not figure this out. All I want to do is join several video clips together into one clip using the exact same compression that they were recorded in. No recompression, no quality loss just join the clips together and save. If it can be done in the camera than I am sure it can be done on a PC. I have not even looked at the software that came in the box. Is there anything in there that would do this?
Old June 8th, 2006, 08:43 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Nathan,

Vagas will "edit" the clip nicely. however to just join the clips. I _think_ the socalled "editor" in the box will do just that, I looked at it briefly and it was only able to organize clips in a order so I did not keep it on the PC.

Bo

www.bophoto.com/HDV
Old June 15th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I use MPEG Streamclip on both Macs and PCs. If you are simply joining, trimming, or cutting, make sure you "save as" rather than "export." Export is for recompressing the clip. http://www.squared5.com/
Old June 21st, 2006, 07:35 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks Calin. I will give it a try as I still have not found a good way of joining my clips.
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:01 AM   #5
Regular Crew

WOW that squared 5 works SO NICELY !! The only thing I really want fixed is its a pain that I can not "drop" a video onto the program. Have to goto file open files etc..

Nice job great software!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)