HD1 bug improvements and serial numbers? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old July 12th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Chris, if there are no jaggies throught the camera out but are in the computer, we donīt need a component recorder or a firmware update. We just need a corrected codec for our computers. Itīs very simple for Sanyo.
Old July 12th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Hi Carlos. The advantage to my previously posted suggestion is digital, verifiable proof that our theory is correct. Proof we can hold in our hands (and send to Sanyo). Maybe we don't need it; Sanyo does. They've already said the problem won't be solved... we need more than words or a suggestion for them to "try this."

Imagine the strength of a video showing simultaneous clips from the HD1, one on the right that comes from their PC codec, and one on the left that comes from the in camera decoder. If the videos differ and problems are verifiably absent in the the camera's decoded video, it will be pretty tough for them to deny the cause. We'll be past the analysis stage with proof of our problem and a path to resolution.
Old July 31st, 2006, 12:15 PM   #18
New Boot

Repair didn't work

Took over 3 weeks to get camera back from care center. 3 days after the screen is black again. What is the next step? I will call Sanyo and try to get money back I guess. I do not like messing with defective products

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)